back to article Apple's iPhone 6 can REVERSE BALDNESS (and cause it, too)

We've all suspected Apple's Jesus Phone can perform miracles, but few of us suspected it could perform the remarkable task of causing hairs to grow from bald men's heads. But now it has emerged that a number of bald men have claimed the new iPhone 6 Plus has ripped hairs from their fur-free noggins. Seeing as they don't appear …

1. JDX Gold badge

"It catches my scruff in the seam"

I'm glad that referred to his beard.

1. Khaptain Silver badge

Re: "It catches my scruff in the seam"

Alternatively, if the aforementioned scruff had been of the "nasal capillary" variety...

1. psychonaut

Re: "It catches my scruff in the seam"

is that like rimming? its so difficult to keep up these days

2. M7S

Automatic patent protection mechanism.

It removes an obvious rounded corner.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Does it make other body parts grow?

I'll take 4!

1. psychonaut

4 what? inches? i would aim a bit higher mate...

1. Anonymous Coward
        Windows

show off!

2. ElReg!comments!Pierre
      Coat

Seems to be a common belief

Nothing wrong with it if you feel you need it.

I, OTOH, own an old, second-hand Samsung S5230.

4. i like crisps

YOU WOULD'VE THOUGHT THAT THE MOST COMMON 'TRAPPAGE'

would have been Pubes! I think this 'hairs on head getting trapped' business is yet another cover up. Its all gone to cock since Mr Jobs died.

5. frank ly

Marketing Opportunity !!

If you wear 'fashion' glasses with those big chunky arms, you can tilt the phone slightly so the edge presses against the spectacles and keeps it away from your hair. (Not guarenteed if you have a bristly beard.)

Any such spectacles for use with an iPhone would have to be stylish and very expensive. This may be why Karl Lagerfeld has become involved with Apple (at the recent Paris launch).

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Should have got a Samsung Note 4

No way anything is getting stuck in that huge gap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxgp4DNFdFM

#gapgate

1. PonchoD

Re: Should have got a Samsung Note 4

Nice try Mr Ive!

7. Zot

You're cutting your hair wrong!

8¬ D

8. Montreal Sean

truly a serious problem!

The problem is worse than reported!

Yesterday I was standing in an elevator and the person next to me was talkking on their iPhone 6/Plus.

When they walked out of the elevator they took some of my hair with them!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: truly a serious problem!

I've experienced a different side effect. I was stuck in a lift with two recruitment consultants who were comparing their iPhone 6 and 6+. After four floors I suffered an inexplicable attack of Tourettes and told them to shut the f*ck up.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Four floors?

Upvoted for patience.

2. W T Riker

Are you sure they weren't Pimps?

9. Ralph B

Before and After

Surely we're missing a key piece of information here: Were these people bald before they got their iPhone 6?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Before and After

oh no.. iPhones are too good for bald people

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Are we sure the hair was from their heads?

nuff said

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

You're holding it wrong

Also, your hair is too thin.

Sincerely,

Apple.

12. Camilla Smythe

Stiffness

I would hazard a guess that these baldies if not truly bald actually have very short hair around their ears or a very short hair cut overall. As a result the hair is stiff and able to penetrate any gap in order to get caught and pulled out. Of course this does not detract from the fact that the problem did not exist before and therefore it is a design fault by Apple and they should be lambasted for it. I believe Mr Jobs had a short haircut so this would not have happened if he was still about. Could be time for a new style rubber bumper that covers the gap.

13. W T Riker

It's been pulling out the hairs on my ears, thus saving me from buying an "ear (and nose) hair trimmer". Thank you Apple for saving me from the embarrassment of using an ear hair trimmer.

14. Truth4u

Only 9 people have complained to Apple about bent phones

(and lived)

"What, this joker says some of his disgusting hair got caught in our baby, dispatch a swat team to his house and kill him immediately"

The media in America is so well controlled by the corporations, that they literally COULD get away with this. I speculate that they are getting away with it. I don't have any proof, but that's just because they control the media and the politicians, so we're not gong to get proof anytime soon. But they done it.

A normal reaction would be like "yeah some people don't get along with our phone but that's okay because we're not trying to own your soul or anything" but instead they have the sociopathic response of "everything we do is perfect and you must accept it, you will accept it, if you dont, you are sick in the head, freak!"

1. tirk
      Coat

Re: Only 9 people have complained to Apple about bent phones (and lived)

The rounded corners on your phone are clearly hyperbol(a)e.

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Garbage

What rubbish you people at the Register write. How can anyone take any of your stories seriously?

16. Buster
    Facepalm

WHAT! ..............................people can use the iPhone to telephone people. Clearly the hair pulling feature is designed to discourage this sort of thing.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like