back to article Four years in chokey for Haxxor behind George W Bush NUDE SELFIES

The Romanian taxi-driver-by-day-hacker-by-night who offended the world by publishing stolen nude self portraits of former US president George W Bush has been sentenced to four years jail. Marcel Lazar Lehel, 42, was arrested in January in Bucharest and sentenced for hacking the email accounts of Romania’s intelligence service …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward 101

"The Romanian taxi-driver-by-day-hacker-by-night who offended the world by publishing stolen nude self portraits of former US president George W Bush has been sentenced to four years jail."

The very story you linked to doesn't say anything about nude selfies, nor do any of the comments. It took me about one minute to read it.

2. Pen-y-gors

I think he may have a point...

At least once a week I get a malware-loaded e-mail from the hacked account of one contact or another (usually hotmail or aol). This must translate into millions of hacked accounts every day. So far I've not heard of any investigations, let alone any prosecutions. Maybe the owners of the accounts aren't important enough?

1. Annihilator

Re: I think he may have a point...

"At least once a week I get a malware-loaded e-mail from the hacked account of one contact or another (usually hotmail or aol)"

You're assuming it's actually a compromised email and not just dodgy headers/spoofing?

3. i like crisps
    Big Brother

"You lookin at me?"

4 years for stealing George w Bush's Nipples...silly boy.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Seven years in prison should be the minimum

Obviously this person is a career criminal and didn't learn from his prior conviction - very common of crims, especially digital crims who get a slap on the wrist for their offenses.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Seven years in prison should be the minimum

Yes, let's imprison the entirety of the NSA and GCHQ for 7 years.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like