back to article Jodee 'One.Tel' Rich spruiks .CEO sites for email LIKE A BOSS

Jodee Rich, a technology entrepreneur best known for his part in the spectacular collapse of Australian mobile telco One.Tel, has thrust himself into inboxes around the world with an offer to register for the .CEO global top-level domain (GTLD). Rich is now the CEO of Peoplebrowsr, a social media analysis outfit chiefly …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. M0les
    FAIL

How sad

Interestingly, their Kred service tells me I have twice the followers as their VP of Operations and ten times the tweets of their VP of social strategy (And I wouldn't say I'm particularly "engaged" in this social media malarkey)

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Looks like a near 200% ROI to me...?

"The pitch doesn't seem to be going down very well: just 3546 .CEO domains have been sold. With the GTLD application fee set at $US185,000, Rich will struggle to win return on investment even if all 3456 stick around for many years at the current $99 annual fee."

Eh?

Ignoring the usual overheads, that looks like a fair return. Am I missing something?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

One for the money...

Two for the show...

Three to get ready...

and waste all the dough...

1. frank ly
      Happy

Re: One for the money... yes, but ...

Letting people know that you're important: Priceless.

4. John Tserkezis

Yeah, I'm not going to take him up on that. Some advice I got early on in the piece, never touch anything that Jodee Rich has touched with a proverbial barge pole.

5. Concrete Gannet

Jodee "One.Tel" Rich is also Jodee "Imagineering" Rich. His companies seem to have a habit of overgearing and collapse.

6. The Blacksmith

Tell Your Friends

As per the One.Tel jingle, and remembering Imagineering, I told all my friends about One.Tel. Don't I said, just don't. Too true it was in the end.

7. Pu02

I worked in the building. In the lifts, the typical finance-like corporate dudes peace was shattered by Jodee, Jamie and Lochcie's backpackers who were being paid peanuts to be mean to monkeys on the phone every day.

One.Tel bought one floor, then two, then three and the backpackers swarmed between them like ants. It could have been the future or Australian Telecommunications, if it wasn't for the Philippines saving Telstra. Not to mention the philistines that stuck with Helstra, oh, and also the ones that pulled the rug from under One.Tel (and lived to fight on with their mates in front of the cameras at Bondi).

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like