back to article EMC ships '17PB' of biz flash, brags it's NAND numero uno ... That's cute, grins HDS

Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the fairest flash shipper of them all? Well, never mind fairer – EMC says it's the fattest enterprise flash slinger of all. The storage giant's CEO David Goulden said in its latest earnings call: "Over 70 per cent of VMAX and VNX2 systems shipped with some flash capacity. EMC sold more than …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

17TB ??

Should that be 17PB? or is EMC struggling?

1. DavidRa

Re: 17TB ??

It probably should be, but the transcript does say 17TB. Meh, I prefer to think of EMC going away.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. unredeemed

Wishful thinking on your part. Did you get hurt by a bad sales rep? Thats about the majority of the reason folks hate EMC.

When they lead the world in overall global storage shipments, not to mention some other lines of business like backup appliances, etc... It'll be hard to rock that boat for the foreseeable future.

2. diodesign (Written by Reg staff) Silver badge

"Should that be 17PB?"

It's from the transcript of the call. I've added a footnote.

C.

3. Trevor_Pott Gold badge

No kidding. I have installed more than 17TB of flash in Q1. Me. With my broke-ass clients. 17 Terabytes whaaaaaaaaaaaa?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Did The Register enquire with IBM at all? As after their acquisition of Texas Memory Systems (TMS) they sold huge numbers of these FlashSystems.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Don't be silly.

1. alwarming

Re: Don't be silly

I think the AC is being "Shil-ly". ;-)

#asstroturfed

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

How many gigabytes of

storage "Software"

This topic is closed for new posts.