back to article How to Poo on a Date wins odd book title of the year

Getting a date is hard enough to begin with. So what happens if cruel nature calls when things are just starting to get romantic? That's the question posed and answered by a tome titled How To Poo On A Date by Mats & Enzo, which has just won the 36th annual Diagram Prize for Oddest Book Title of the Year. The book achieved 30 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. proto-robbie
    Holmes

if you really must defecate on fruit...

...you'd have a better chance of making out with a pineapple or grapefruit.

1. Elmer Phud

Re: if you really must defecate on fruit...

That was my first thought - then it was 'how do you inform your potential lover you are in to scat?.

After that is was whether you face the prospect of a new aquaintance with flappy bowels or a sphincter so tight you could used it as a pipe-vice.

1. 's water music

'how do you inform your potential lover you are in to scat?.

Shoobie-doo-wapp... Ahhhhh!

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

I'm a scat man!

Bee ba ba ba da bo, ba ba ba da, ba da ba da bee ba ba ba da bo

2. Longrod_von_Hugendong
    WTF?

Thank God, that...

now world peace, hunger and poverty problems are all sorted out people have time to write books on shit.

1. James Hughes 1

Re: Thank God, that...

WTF right back at you.

Now everyone, back to work, right now, on fixing world hunger. All of you. Yes, including you in the hospital at the back there.

2. ItsNotMe
      Coat

Re: Thank God, that...

"Thank God, that...

now world peace, hunger and poverty problems are all sorted out people have time to write shit books."

There...fixed it for you.

Mine's the one with the Kindle in the pocket.

3. TitterYeNot
    Coat

Not Hodder & Stoughton...

How To Poo On A Date, soon to be followed by its exciting and informative sequel, 10 Things To Do If Your Date Doesn't Like You Pooing On Them.

1. Erroneous Howard

Re: Not Hodder & Stoughton...

1) Run away?

2. Captain Save-a-ho
      Coat

I'm waiting for the Oolon Colluphid follow up: How does this God person poo anyway?

1. Euripides Pants
        Coat

"How does this God person poo anyway?"

Didn't you ever wonder where comets come from?

4. Ben Bonsall

I'm glad the office has emptied out for lunch, as I've just made some very odd noises trying not to laugh at these comments. +1s for all!

1. ISYS

Wow

I'm glad the office has emptied out for lunch

You must work for the media.

1. Ben Bonsall

Re: Wow

Nope. Mainland Europe. Lunch is important here.

1. VinceH

Re: Wow

"Emptied out" wasn't a pooing reference, then?

5. Evil Auditor Silver badge
    Devil

Pooing on a date

...sounds quite a bit kinky to me.

6. Dangermouse 1

The Origin of the Feces - not so original

Type O Negative got there first with their 1992 album. The first release even had a photo of Pete Steele's chocolate starfish on the cover.

7. John Tserkezis

How to poo on a date.

Why do I get the feeling that the answer is quite short, but like some of my classmates used to do in high school - take a really short answer and turn it into a 25 page essay, making it look like you know what you're talking about.

Clearly I'm not the "read the book to find out" type.

8. Crisp
    Coffee/keyboard

We’d have been disappointed to be number two.

Ronald Hall owes me a new keyboard.

1. 's water music

Re: We’d have been disappointed to be number two.

I did wonder whether the whole book was written as a lead in to that punch line

9. glen waverley

Dr Sir Les Paterson may have prior art

I seem to recall the cultural attache to the court of st james posing the question "what do you do if a bird shits on your windscreen?"

To which the answer was along the lines of "You don't take her to the drive-in next time!"

Somehow seems relevant to this topic.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

slightly disappoinrted that my copy of "How to avoid huge ships" is actually reprints of covers of diagram prize winners, rather than the actual book . does now mean I have a new must have book "The Stray Shopping Carts of Eastern North America - A guide to field identification" and of course the seminal "Highlights in the history of Concrete".

11. Bill Fresher

How is getting a date difficult? I find that, if the lady is single, asking is usually all it takes.

12. Squander Two

A Freudian slap.

> feeling the call of nature as you walk in the woods with your paramour

I must admit I misread that first time round. I blame the context.

13. Kubla Cant
    WTF?

Prion Press?

Is it run by mad cows?

14. thomas k.

what do if you block her toilet with a monster mud-out.

I seem to recall a movie with a scene like that, something with Ben Stiller, maybe.

15. hi_robb

Well

I prefer this one.

http://twitter.com/hi_robb/statuses/340863778637901825

D

16. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wet fart while she was spooning worked for me...

... trying to slip out a quiet one failed horribly. We were camping in the bush (no pun intended); the resultant midnight drive back to running water and soap was mostly icy silence punctuated by choice invective from the offended party. Last I saw of her strangely.

AC for obvious reasons.

1. WalterAlter

Re: Wet fart while she was spooning worked for me...

"Poo" in the work's title equates to a loose choice of syntax, implying an open ended liquifaction of the goods. This must be a European connotation which includes various peripheral characteristics of flatulence, when, to keep more to cases, the Americanized "Poop" with its satisfying end pinch bilabial plosive, though not strictly onomatopoeic (more onomatoimagic one could surmise, as little umber "beginning-middle-end" torpedoes dance before the eyes), would amount to a more precise reference and pay appropriate homage to the tireless labors of the holy sphincter.

1. Androgynous Cupboard Silver badge

Re: Wet fart while she was spooning worked for me...

Come back amanfrommars, all is forgiven.

17. David Pollard
    Joke

the person who nominates ... gets a bottle of semi-decent claret

It's a neat trick that, to nominate the book themselves. When the accountant/taxman enquires about crates of claret appearing as expenses it's, "Oh yes. Prizes in our competitions. They generate quite a lot of publicity, you know... Just look at the press cuttings..."

18. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Cleveland steamers first came to mind

Then crap covered Phoenix dactylifera.

19. Zot

You can put on the shelf, along side...

...Britain's Crappiest Towns, and the History of Shit!

It's real:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search?index=books&linkCode=qs&keywords=9780262621601

This topic is closed for new posts.