back to article Winklevoss twins flash their Winkdex at Bitcoin price-trackers

The Winklevoss twins have returned to the tech world with the announcement of a new Bitcoin price index called Winkdex. To cryptocurrency lovers, the Winkle Twins' new service will operate as “a blended price index that is designed to reflect the true price of bitcoins”. The price exchange's moniker bears comparison with …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Simon Rockman

And no use at all as an index

Because the price is skewed by the meaningless Mt. Gox figure.

2. Michael Shelby

Winkle One and Two?

I would have gone with Winkledee and Winkledum.

3. Old Handle

Unable to verify cdnjs.cloudflare.com as a trusted site.

Yeah, I don't trust it much either.

4. ratfox
    Paris Hilton

Nudge nudge, wink wink

…say no more!

5. Ian Michael Gumby

Sniff.

I smell an opportunity for arbitrage.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Sniff.

Yes .... sadly it won't work. As I understand the situation, whilst you can buy and sell BTC on Mt. Gox, having bought the the BTC you can't get them off the exchange.

1. squigbobble

The panic sellers have run out of BTC now anyway, the price has been going back up since midnight after hitting $110/BTC vs. about $570/BTC on other exchanges, and that's after the crash has devalued BTC across the board. The price on other exchanges should start dropping once Mt. Gox is running properly again and the vultures start offloading their hoards. Would've liked to have been one of those vultures but I don't have a USD bank account and I can't be arsed setting up an account on Mt. Gox.

Bad time to be a miner *facepalm* I think I'll hold on to my miniscule BTC fortune for a while.

2. Mr Anonymous

"Yes .... sadly it won't work. As I understand the situation, whilst you can buy and sell BTC on Mt. Gox, having bought the the BTC you can't get them off the exchange."

Aparently you can. https://bitcoinbuilder.com/ However I'm sure it's not without risk.

6. exp(x)

Did I watch a different Social Network than you? I thought Zuckerberg was the baddie.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Winkdex..

Seems to be misspelled by about one character.

I'll go and hide now :p

8. The Vociferous Time Waster

Winkledumb and Winkledumber

So these two olympian blue bloods have all the breaks in the world and they still fail to have any real clue. Someone else who isn't doing it to make daddy proud will do it better and make billions.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Um who cares?

What exactly are these dorks known for other than Facebook? I mean really? A couple of hangers-on that helped Zuckerdork steal someone else's work...hey, Marc Andreeson beat them to that, and at least he could code.

10. Doogie Howser MD
    Happy

Collective Noun

I thought the collective noun for more than Winklevoss was Winkelvi? Did we not learn that from the movie?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like