back to article Verizon jumps into wireless discount punch-fest with 'More Everything'

Verizon Wireless has become the latest US telco to roll out an aggressive price-cutting campaign for its subscribers. The company said that its "More Everything" service plan will expand data limits on several existing plans while also adding unlimited messaging, online storage, and multiple-device support. Designed to be a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. DNTP

price cutting? not for everyone

I use Verizon for 4G internet and nothing else, no text or phone calls. I pay $50 for 5gb/month which I find reasonable. So I look at the new plans they are offering me which they say are price cuts and getting more for less.

The lowest price that they are offering me on the website is $30 for 4gb/month with a $20/month "device access charge" for the same 4G modem I've had for three years. Still no texts or voice. But you'll notice its EXACTLY the same price as my current plan, but for %20 less data and nothing else.

Fortunately they have an option that I can keep my current plan, but I'm going over to the Verizon office this weekend to ask them what exactly is up with this and see if they have anything to offer me.

1. larokus

Re: price cutting? not for everyone

@DNTP

It is cheaper, the confusion you are having is arising from you reading the fine print :D

the old price SLASHING + fee JACKING rigamaroll

2. Queasy Rider

Re: price cutting? not for everyone

I have a $30/month PAYG plan from T-Mobile. I had to buy their Nokia 921 Windows phone for $100. back in November but I believe they are cheaper now. The $30 plan gets me 100 minutes voice, unlimited texts and unlimited data. The first 5 GB per month are at 4G then when you exceed that they throttle you back to 2G.

Psssss, don't tell anyone but I have it tethered to my 9" Acer notebook running XP, connected to a 22" monitor, all through Bluetooth wifi hardware (Tenda) to a cheap router donated to me by a friend. I can't imagine a much cheaper internet setup, and after 5 months the phone will have paid for itself. The system does fail me quite often, requiring restarts of various components of the systems,(the tether app, the browser Firefox, the Tenda Bluetooth wireless, and sometimes XP itself, no surprise there), but as a semi-retired person living at 1/3 the poverty line, no credit cards, not even a vehicle, I bless T-Mobile for enabling me to get back on the internet after doing for years without.

2. 2StrokeRider

Saves me nada....

Verizon strikes again ... strikes out that is. I excitedly went to the site, and found that I could change from my old month to month unlimited data plan to a 10gb data plan for only about $20 more a month.

Sadly, only Verizon services my area, so I can't jump ship to a friendlier provider.

yet...

3. cortland

I got their email

With nothing added that I want to buy. Meh.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like