1. Simon Sharwood, Reg APAC Editor (Written by Reg staff)

New Zealand

Hello Kiwi readers. You haven't been (entirely) forgotten. This thread is for you!

1. LINCARD1000

Re: New Zealand

No other NZ'ers posting? Must be feathered roadkill on the interwebs motorway :-o

1. poopypants

Re: New Zealand

There are two user posts in the New Zealand section. At this time none in the Australian sections. This place is a comparative hive of activity.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Re: Re: New Zealand

Very good - perhaps Australia Day has something to do with this?

2. Long John Brass

And then there was three

We're breeding like Mogwai :)

3. Simon Sharwood, Reg APAC Editor (Written by Reg staff)

Let us Aussies wake up, willya?

Seriously, though, Kiwi friends - whassup in tech down there? Other than Kim Dotcom self-promoting?

1. Long John Brass

To be fair; the thought of Mr Kim.com facing off to our beloved prime minister across the floor of the house, fills me with a certain sense of delight.

4. Sebastian A

You all know NZ by now...

Nothing much happens here. :p

I did hear some blather on the news about 4g and how blazing fast it will make mobile data. Congrats to the media for once again missing the point. I see Vodafone have on-account, 12 month contract data plans of 5GB/month for $80. What the hell use is all that speed if you cap yourself out in 42 minutes (give or take)?!?

5. OzBob

Still extortionate internet pricing

but super adsl coming soon,(if the agency that is providing it can stop the courts amending the amount it can charge.)

1. OzBob

Oh yeah, a famous blogger here has had a DOS attack on his website for 3 days now

and he generally slags off Kim-Dot-Blob, berates ferals who crash their cars killing people and blows the whistle on politicians having affairs. The list of possible initiators of the DOS attack is long, but distinguished.

http://www.whaleoil.co.nz/

1. Simon Sharwood, Reg APAC Editor

Re: Oh yeah, a famous blogger here has had a DOS attack on his website for 3 days now

Thanks for the tip OzBob. We'll see how this one develops.

Oh and let it be noted: Kiwis are currently KILLING Australians here. KILLING.

6. Sebastian A

Whaleoil's a right-wing propaganda spewing joke. That anyone bothers ddosing him only gives him more credibility. Idiots.

7. OzBob

Killing Aussies? Must have been over pavlova

Don't recall seeing anything on the Beeb website.

Whaleoil is back and his tech crew put a good post on the pitfalls of working with a vendor during a DOS and migrating away from them. Sounds like there is difficulty in getting information on the attack without court orders.

http://www.whaleoil.co.nz/2014/01/ferals-faults-fixes-co-pilots-report/

8. Trixr

I'm not sure if I should be here...

...since I'm currently working in Oz.

Ah well, good to keep an eye on what's going on at home, so I avoid the "wrong" body shops/employers when I get back.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon