back to article We're not talking, so PAH: Violin Memory's big dogs blank sacked CEO

Violin Memory’s terminated CEO and unwanted board member Don Basile cannot be dismissed from the board – but has been excluded from all operational matters concerning Violin. He’s in a form of internal exile, as it were, because the board has created an executive committee formed of all the board members except Basile, The …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. SeymourHolz

violin memory, "industry-wide significance" ?

Was someone at El Reg hitting grandma's sherry a little early this morning?

2. xj25vm

Something's fishy here

For pete's sake. Are these violin people so important to such a large proportion of your readership that you have to trot out at least an article per week about their latest twitch and itch? What's going on here? Is somebody getting a back hander somewhere? If they want publicity so badly, can't they just pay for one of those annoyingly huge side adverts on El Reg? Or even one of those full page background ones that hijacks your browsing session as soon as you want to click focus away from an element.

Or is there a journo on the team who can't be bothered to look for fresh ideas and just recycles the same topic to infinity and beyond? Someone enlighten us please, or else forget about the whining violins and spare our souls.

1. diodesign Silver badge

Re: Something's fishy here

"an article per week"

Taking last Friday as a random sample, we published 30 stories. Over the course of a week, that's about 150. During busy months, such as last November, we were doing 40-50 a day, or 200-250 a week. So, that's a small percentage a week about a storage company that talked big, IPO'd at the wrong moment, saw its stock plummet and it fired its CEO.

C.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Something's fishy here

How come your name no longer has the Reg Hack icon against it?

1. gazthejourno (Written by Reg staff)

Re: Re: Something's fishy here

The system's a bit temperamental. Sometimes we're officially recognised, sometimes not. Happens to me too.

2. diodesign (Written by Reg staff) Silver badge

Re: Re: Something's fishy here

"How come your name no longer has the Reg Hack icon against it?"

If I post a comment from the front-end of the website (like every normal reader) I don't get the Reg logo. If I post a comment from our comment moderation system (available to staff) then my posts get a Reg logo. Simples.

C.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Also where did Mark go ?

Since we are on this topic.

Compare and contrast the S-1 document with the current Board of Directors.

S-1 : http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1407190/000119312513346734/d366503ds1.htm

VMEM site : http://www.violin-memory.com/company/board-of-directors/

The S-1 lists Mark Rosenblatt on the board. Violin Memory's site doesn't have him.

I didn't see an announcement of this. Is this an error ?

This topic is closed for new posts.