back to article In what-took-them-so-long news: Spotify touts free Android, iOS music app

Spotify has a new music-streaming application for iOS and Android tablets today that mimics its free desktop software, and a smartphone option with slightly less functionality. Previously Spotify users had to pay $10 a month to access the music streaming service on fondleslabs and other handheld devices, but now the firm's new …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Steve Button Silver badge

might as well cancel my subscriptions then.

costs too much for me and family and I mostly listen to it on shuffle anyway.

Sweet.

2. Turtle

I'd like to know...

What I'd like to know is what kind of deal Led Zeppelin got from Spotify. I was under the impression that Led Zeppelin refused to allow any downloadable sales of their tracks. Not sure though. But I expect that they got a very very lucrative deal if they are letting Spotify stream their tracks because Spotify's usual payouts could not possibly be alluring to Led Zeppelin. Quite the contrary, I would expect. Same with Pink Floyd.

http://www.slashgear.com/led-zeppelin-hits-spotify-in-streaming-deal-11308390/

3. Graham Lockley

'with Zep it's only the first six that are worth listening too anyway'

In my humble opinion the best of Zep is the space between the tracks

4. delicana2001

its only limited for 48 hrs free to use. I used Deezer free anytime

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

we have a spotify premium sub.

Anyone used this yet? Are we talking one advert per track, per album, or per 5/10/15 mins?

would have been nice to know, as "how annoying it gets" will be the main factor behind people putting up with it or not.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

The adverts made me want to stab people in the face. Which is why I got premium.

If you're on Android you can use their web player with a browser that supports flash (firefox/boat)

6. tony2heads
    Joke

streaming Led Zep

But what happens if you get a Communication Breakdown?

I think that would be a Heartbreaker

1. Swarthy

Re: streaming Led Zep

Then your Dancing Days are gone.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like