back to article Fujitsu: Sayonara, London Stock Exchange... You're not worth the money

Japanese giant Fujitsu is to yank its shares from the London Stock Exchange in a move that will help it cuts costs and which recognises the shifting sands in global financial markets. The application to delist common stock and European Depository Receipts* from the Official List of the UK Listing Authority**, as well to cancel …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So what happens to the people who own Fujitsu shares listed on the LSE? Can they still trade them somewhere else? Or do the shares just lose their value. Genuinely interested to know.

1. Pahhh

You are still a shareholder. You will need to sell your shares on a different market I believe. Never quite understood the mechanics of cross listing but shareholders will be protected and be sent information.

2. CAPS LOCK

Goodbye Fujitsu...

... don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out.

3. PeteA

What does this say about the LSE?

Fujitsu's noises sound reasonable from their perspective; given the entirely fsck'ed state of the UK (and the amazing drivel from the politicians about how well everything's going), could this be the start of a trend of corporates deciding the UK market isn't worthwhile for them? I freely admit to knowing nothing nothing useful about economics, so this a genuine question - don't read it as me saying "I think this is going to happen"!

4. RainForestGuppy

Nothing to see here??

I think it says more about Fujitsu rather than LSE. Fujitsu is is free fall is losing money (95 Billion Yen - March 2013) and slashing jobs.

It makes sense to pull in and move you shared into a more protected market like the Nikkei rather than an open one like LTSE, it prevents predetors moving to make a quick profit at the longer term detriment of the business.

5. Benjol
    Pint

Out drinking last night?

Rather a lot of typos in there...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like