back to article XBOX One SHOT DEAD by Redmond following delivery blunder

Microsoft has accidentally shipped a small number of Xbox Ones several weeks ahead of the official release date - and banned at least one gamer's new console from connecting to Xbox Live. Redmond's minions admitted their mistake after pictures and video of the new games console were published online. A Twitter user called @ …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Alan Bourke

So no, your console is not banned

and you should dry your eyes.

1. karlp

Re: So no, your console is not banned

The system was auto-banned by a whitelisting process that is currently in place. Honest (automated) mistake, but it still isn't open to the public so I understand why the system is in place.

However, MS has gone above and beyond here.

Major Nelson has talked with him personally. His console will be unlocked a day or two before general release, and he has contact information if that doesn't go as planned.

He is attending the MS launch event on their dime, and most likely will be showered with the usual launch-event gifts and nice-eties.

Target has apologized for selling him a device that doesn't yet work as intended, and has refunded him 100$ for the privilege.

I understand we can get into an argument about how your unit should or shouldn't work - but really - this guy did more than OK.

I really don't care for the fact that the article takes such a negative tone to what is really the story of a BigCorp (™) actually bending over backwards when they messed up.

Karl P

1. MJI Silver badge

Good to know they are making it up to him.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

The other thing that will upset Microsoft.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/NDAs-Prevent-Devs-From-Saying-PS4-Stronger-Than-Xbox-One-60406.html

The first rule of Xbox is you aren't allowed to talk about ps4 being substantially more powerful.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What is interesting is that the gamer in question couldn't launch CoD in offline mode after being banned. If I recall, he couldn't even get into the 'Setting' screen. Effectively, the console was bricked remotely!

Any way, apparently MS have realized that they made a mistake, called the guy and promised him to un-ban his XB1 at launch... as long as he behave until then. And they even invited him to their event.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I can't for the life of me see why anyone would buy a device that can be bricked remotely. I certainly don't intend to. I love my 360 to bits; but it isn't connected to the net and isn't going to be.

Not sure how typical I am as a consumer; but enforced this, that, and the other just isn't a price I'm prepared to pay for gaming so MS have lost themselves at least one customer.

1. Tom 35

Disabled not bricked... but

If blocking your online account renders the device you paid for useless you have a point.

If they decide you have broken some item on page 17* of the TOS they can kick you off your own hardware. Bad press might be your only protection (since I'm sure there is also a "can't sue us" in the TOS).

* That might have been added after you bought the xbox. Added with an update that you had to install if you want to keep playing your (rented) games.

1. Gordon 11

Re: Disabled not bricked... but

they can kick you off your own hardware

No - they can kick you off their OS platform. You may own the hardware, but you do not own the software.

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

"so MS have lost themselves at least one customer"

Sorry to say, as much as they should I really can't see them caring that much to be honest!

3. Al_21

"I can't for the life of me see why anyone would buy a device that can be bricked remotely"...

Depends on why it's been bricked.

For example, mobile phone operators can brick mobiles - not a problem, in fact I support that.

If my mobile network give my phone before release and it doesn't work till the release date, I wouldn't mind at all.

IMO MS have a good reason to add a temporary restriction to the kid as it shouldn't have been sent anyway - and the kid wasn't expecting it to arrive yet.

It'll work when the kid should have got it as planned, so nothing to hamper the schedule.

The kid must be over the moon having got the the xbox, MS's response and all the attention.

1. andy 45

"Depends on why it's been bricked.

For example, mobile phone operators can brick mobiles - not a problem, in fact I support that."

Mobiles are bricked when they're stolen -- not for ANY OTHER REASON.

4. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Plenty of other reasons not to want a Xbox One

the cheapskating on memory and GPU means it's only marginally better than the 360, and the Kinect spying thing, the used game policy that can be reversed at any moment, and the really naff "rewards" for gold scheme which is laughable.

Then there is the fact many features don't work outside the US, voice activation for example, no TV guide until late 2014, and so on.

Did I mention it's also doesn't do 3D, and it's £100 more expensive than a PS4?

The list is pretty endless.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Re: Plenty of other reasons not to want a Xbox One

Oh my, you are a troll arent you, if it doesnt do 3d then why does the ps4? Far as im aware the gpu's are the same ones but the xbox has less pipes or some such techno babble.

go back to your bridge and sit under it :)

2. N2

I hope

He's going to tell Microsoft to Fuck off.

Do the T&Cs state 'thou shalt not play before Nov 22nd' ? probably not. What a nasty lot they are.

3. Jedit Silver badge

"the gamer in question couldn't launch CoD in offline mode after being banned"

So you lose your XBL account and your console is useless? I imagine Hitler is going to have a few words to say about that.

3. Spoonsinger
    Paris Hilton

@@Moonlightswami

don't be so silly.

(splaining is probably horrible on toast, but milts are really quite nice - if you ignore what they are)

Paris - because she probably likes milts as well.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

@ Spoonsinger

+1 for the milts.

Most of the pretentious bastards on here would happily chomp on caviar whilst being blissfully unaware of the deliciousness of milts on toast.

With hendersons relish....

1. weenoid

Re: @ Spoonsinger

"Most of the pretentious bastards on here would happily chomp on caviar whilst being blissfully unaware of the deliciousness of milts on toast."

What the fuck are you talking about?

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Re: @ Spoonsinger

Sorry, I was talking to the elucidated....

That's what the fuck I was on about...

4. dogged

Again with the PS4 ad?

Is it editorial policy that every story concerning the XBone must contain a (free?) ad in the copy for the PS4?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Again with the PS4 ad?

@dogged

Presumably any articles about the Ps4 will also mention the XBone.

Personally this seems quite a sensible approach when discussing any product that really only has one competitor that it be mentioned.

1. Ben Rose

You see to have overlooked the Wii U.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

where is your joke icon?

1. Ben Rose

I prefer the ambiguity..."was he joking?"

In real terms it was a self-deprecating joke. I love my Wii U.

2. Piro Silver badge

As did every other human being on earth.

3. sisk

You see to have overlooked the Wii U.

I've been a Nintendo fanboy since the mid 80s and even I'm not interested in the Wii U. It'll be the first Nintendo platform that I'm not going to buy. It's a shame that I won't be able to say I've owned every Nintendo console anymore, but oh well.

1. Anonymous Coward
            Anonymous Coward

You have one now. I donated mine to you, so it's yours.

I'm just keeping it safe for you.

1. Anonymous C0ward

What's wrong with the Wii U? Anything in particular, or is it not significantly better than the Wii?

1. sisk

What's wrong with the Wii U? Anything in particular, or is it not significantly better than the Wii?

I get a sore neck just thinking of looking back and forth between the tablet controller and the TV, for starters. That and Nintendo just doesn't seem to be getting the top titles anymore, apart from their own that is. Not that they did with the Wii, but they had an innovative interaction that changed the whole industry. Who didn't love actually swinging Link's sword? I don't see anything that compelling in the Wii U to make up for it's lack of titles targeted to the 30 something audience that the other consoles target (you know, the first-generation gamers that the industry has grown up with, such as me).

If my kids were a little older it might be different, but they're young enough that they wouldn't know the difference between the Wii games that are about to get a whole lot cheaper and the much more expensive Wii U games, so why spend the extra money for games I won't play and they won't enjoy any more than what I have now?

2. MJI Silver badge

Have you thought that the game companies are in one big industry and can get on with each other?

Sony's head of studios Shuhei Yoshida loves Nintendo games and has two Wii Us

Xbox manager Larry unpronoucable surname loves Naughty Dog games.

A lot of Naughty Dog staff play Halo and a lot of Bungie Staff play Uncharted.

5. Bladeforce

Optional

People stuck in a walled proprietary mass of BS!

I guess this system will be completely useless at Microsofts whim. Talk about Lemmings

1. Eradicate all BB entrants

Re: Optional

Because Sony never reduced the functionality of devices through updates once released did they?

Disclaimer: While the poster is the owner of an xbox 360 and will soon be the owner of the xbox one this statement was added for the sake of balance. How I used to look forward to PSP updates as it was great for the 'What will Sony disable next' bingo.

1. Piro Silver badge

To be fair, it was worth it to see them get massively screwed over by hacks.

I'm no enemy of Sony, if they make a decent product, it's a decent product.

Different departments have made varying reputations for themselves.

2. King Jack

So your argument is that because some one else does worse, it makes this good? Why not learn to look at things in isolation. Remote bricking and walled gardens are bad, no matter who did it first.

Disclaimer: Reading fanboy comments takes me back to being at first school. 'Miss, he hit me'. 'Don't worry it's ok he could have pissed on you as well, so it's fine'.

1. Eradicate all BB entrants

@Mr Jack (put your hands up, get out of the car.)

I am soooooo sorry I did not give you a list of all of the consoles I currently own. So I take it as a writer of many fanboy comments you are actually in first school right now?

Well just to make you feel better here is a list of console I have that still operate and that are used occasionally

3DO (Yes I was one of the few)

N64

PS One

PS2

Nintendo Wii

Xbox 360

Xbox One (soon)

A few gaming PC's too

Actually looking at that list right there I would find it hard to claim I am a particular fan of any platform, for me it says I am a fan of gaming, and I purchase the device that will have the games I want to play.

3. Joe Montana

Indeed they did...

They removed the otheros option through an update, and in doing so if you had already installed something you lost access to all your own data too (it was still there but you had no way to access it). You then have a choice between not updating and being able to keep the os you installed but not being able to connect to psn or play any new games, or update and lose access to the software you had installed.

2. DrXym

"I guess this system will be completely useless at Microsofts whim. Talk about Lemmings"

The same is true of any device or software tied to online service. Not just consoles either. Steam and publishers can and sometimes do swing the banhammer at people.

1. Dave 126 Silver badge

Talk of Lemmings? Wha? Is Lemmings a launch title?

(actually, I can imagine a Kinect-powered version of Lemmings being good fun for an hour after returning from the pub with your mates... perform actions for 'dig', 'block', 'build' etc)

1. MJI Silver badge

Lemmings

Been there done that PS2 and Eye Toy

3. Chairo

People stuck in a walled proprietary mass of BS!

When have consoles ever been anything else?

Face it - a gaming console is a consumer device and in today's brave new world of online enforcement a consumer has zero ownership.

Hordes of lobbyists and enormous amounts of "campaign support money" (bribes) have seen to that.

6. chuBb.
    FAIL

lol

So guy is crying about his legally purchased (he means licensed), hardware and software has been deactivated as he broke the EULA by using it before the license's he purchased permitted public use of device and software, so the licensers have used what ever right is granted to them by the license he has purchased to stop him breaking the license agreement further. Wonder if he has broken the terms of preorder agreement with the supplier as well as IANAL but i think even if supplier fucks up and sends out early he shouldnt have attempted to use device, obviously that doesnt take into account the real world but since when has laws and contracts ever done that?

1. Stretch

Re: lol

Purchased. He bought it. Some muppets might believe they can "license" use and enforce their silly EULA. But they are mistaken. What they CAN do is attempt to prevent you from using services. But this is always based on a unique id, and as you purchased the system you can always change this id via enough know how and effort.

2. Tom 260

Any T&C will be in regard to the warranty and use of the Live service, not the actual use of the basic console. There was already a post by one of Microsoft's PR guys (Major Nelson) regarding consoles being received early, basically they wouldn't be allowed onto Live until release day or thereabouts (as it wouldn't be turned on for the general public until then anyway), and apart from that nothing would be done.

The only person in trouble is the retailer for shipping it early, and that won't see any legal cases, Microsoft may just be a bit more awkward when it comes to giving them more stock of consoles or games (and even then only if they believe it was deliberate, they all want sold products in the end).

If I get a DVD 5 days before any shops are told to sell it, am I not allowed to play it?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

The EULA is not enforciable if it presented after the purchase has taken place and the consideration has been paid.

1. Don Jefe

The EULA is in force and accepted by you when you boot the device the first time, not when you purchase the device/software. You know all those dialogue boxes where you click 'OK' and 'Accept' before you get to start setting up a new device? That's you accepting the EULA.

1. Davidoff
            Holmes

The EULA is in force

"The EULA is in force and accepted by you when you boot the device the first time, not when you purchase the device/software."

Yes, in the US of A, the country where consumers can be legally screwed by most companies with little to no protection.

But here in Europe the situation is quite different. First, if you buy an XBox console, then the contract is between you and the seller (i.e. the shop that sold you the console), and that's it. It does not include Microsoft so whatever they want simply doesn't matter at this point (of course you might enter into a separate contract with MS later, i.e. by buying XBox Live).

Second, for all contracts, all parties of the contract must be made aware(!) of all properties of this contract at the point when the contract is closed, period.

Displaying some legal gibberish and an 'ACCEPT' button does not automatically make for a valid contract, and most certainly it does not affect one that has been closed before (i.e. the purchase of the console), especially when MS isn't part of the contract parties.

Oh, and in Europe, when consumers buy a physical item (like a console, or a console game on DVD), they actually *buy* the item including the content (software), not just a license like in the US.

1. Richard 12 Silver badge

Re: The EULA is in force

EULAs are generally not worth the paper they (aren't) written on.

In most of the world, if they are inside sealed packaging they are completely unenforceable, null and void, and even in the USA there isn't much in the way of precedent that implies they can be enforced.

Nobody wants to be the lawyer that creates a precedent invalidating all the legal work that goes into writing an EULA, so none of them go to court on the EULA itself as opposed to general law.

Aside from that, under EU law a consumer simply cannot give up their statutory rights under any circumstances - and two of those rights are "I bought it, it's mine", and "It has to be fit for purpose".

The clause "We don't say it's fit for purpose"? Legally, that's utter bollocks in the EU.

2. Christopher W
              Coat

Re: The EULA is in force

Not quite: when buying DVDs or games, you still own the physical media but you only ever own the licence to use the software contained therein (which can be revoked if you exploit the copyrighted material outside the terms of your licence).

Ownership of the Intellectual Property remains vested in the copyright holder; this forms the basis of international copyright law. (Example: the licence text around the edge of every music CD or software DVD). I

Small, but important distinction. :)

(Mine's the one with the IP Law textbook in the side pocket)

2. andy 45

Have you ever tried taking a device back after you've opened it ecause you dont agree with the EULA?

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

You think retailers are actually doing shipping in cases like this?

Man, that's rich.

3. swissrobin

There was a case of a Harry Potter book being given early to a few people (by mistake) and the publisher taking out some injunction preventing them from reading it. Obviously hard to enforce, but they still got it.

So I would guess that it would be possible to gain a similar injunction preventing you from viewing your "early" DVD, though maybe it depends on which country you're in.

3. Hagglefoot
      Mushroom

Wait till you have the same application control to your drinking water unless you drink when we say so you may thirst to death. And you want to work hard and voluntarily hand over your hard earned to be told when you can enjoy something, damn are people really so silly? Its bad enough you cant design, self build and make a living without jumping so many 'legal' hurdles. Glad this has been raised. Xbox one no matter how close to real life and delivers better than RL shoot you in the ass games is off my shopping list. Any one for that other retro reality RL, if so see you down the pub.

7. Rob 5

Why on earth did he even try to use it?

In his shoes, I'd have left it sealed in the box and sold it for multiples of what I'd paid. There are plenty of idiots who'd happily have given him silly money, just to get one early.

To be fair, I suppose his change of Twitter handle might indicate efforts in that direction, but he'd still have done better to leave it unopened.

1. Mike Brown

Re: Why on earth did he even try to use it?

+1. He could have sold it for thousands.

1. Rob 5

Yep. Here's one enterprising Target customer - bidding is up to $5,200, with three days left to run.

www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-Xbox-One-Console-Available-NOW-Will-Ship-When-Money-Received-/301013469764

2. Britt Johnston
      Flame

customer or sucker?

Like I could buy a 2014 Ferarri, but leave it in the garage until new year, for fear the car-maker enables the anti-thief lock-down system?

As a non-console owner, the only decent way I see to deal with an out-of-control supply-chain is to welcome your customer early, and explain that he may have to wait a few weeks for full enjoyment of the product.

What is twisted is that commenters expect this kind of user welcome to be the norm in the console area.

Maybe the Steam people will be a bit better?

Maybe this points to the end-game with DRM products. You just sell a sexy-looking empty box, because that is the cheapest way to achieve zero functionality.

Or maybe Microsoft would like to treat all its users like this?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: customer or sucker?

Don't kid yourself. Read a bit more into Steam, specifically their hardware branch and you'll see what utter bastards they are.

It's hard to be a big business and not be in this day and age, not when it's all about the moolah.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"In his shoes, I'd have left it sealed in the box and sold it for multiples of what I'd paid. There are plenty of idiots who'd happily have given him silly money, just to get one early."

Sadly, reading his tweets and listening to his youtube video he comes across as a bit of an idiot himself which isn't helped by his typical american teenager/kidult trait of Over Emphasising Everything With AWESOME Hyperbole - BAM! - And Dozens Of Wicked - BAM! - Nonsense Words And Exclamation Marks At Every Opportunity!!!!!!!!!!!!! About something that at the end of the day is just an expensive toy.

4. TheProf

Maybe he is one of those 'idiots' who'd pay silly amounts of money to get one early.

8. MJI Silver badge

Why go to the effort?

Of banning his console.

Seems like being petty to me.

Haven't MS got more important things to do?

1. Richard 12 Silver badge

They didn't.

At the moment the active online system will have a very short list of valid users, only containing the paid alpha and beta testers. It may well be in a different domain as well, and likely IP or router-MAC limited to keep it away from 3rd party eyes.

They will only open it up to "any XBOne owner" just before the official release date.

This is all usual practice for any closed-beta online service!

9. i like crisps
    Big Brother

NSA Datacentre FOILED....

.....by MICROSOFT!!!!!!

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Welcome To The Microsoft Outer Limits

There is nothing wrong with your computer. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image, make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur or sharpen it to crystal clarity. We own you.

11. JeffA

I hope the Xbox one users read the very, very fine print

"... and Microsoft reserves the right to brick your Xbox One if you say (or think) any thing negative about the console or Microsoft".

12. Innocent-Bystander*

Doesn't Sound Like a Ban

They've temporarily suspended it, not banned. There's a difference.

1. Dave 126 Silver badge

Re: Doesn't Sound Like a Ban

Indeed. If the number of lag cheating, aim-bot using mouthy homophobic twerps on XBOX Live are anything to judge by, the MS ban-hammer has been conspicuous by its absence.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Umm...Microsoft didn't ship it early

You might want to correct that bit of the story. Target the retail outlet shipped the console early not Microsoft.

14. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge

Oh dog what done!

Getting an xbone in early?

15. sisk

The Wii U is a non-starter for me.

Sony irritated me to no end with the PS3 (it's not ok to treat your entire customer base like thieves Sony). I've not yet gotten to the point that I'm ready to trust them again.

There's no way I'm shelling out hundreds of dollars for a console that can be remote bricked. That's especially true if Microsoft is the company with the button. They've been known to break their own products to force people to update before after all.

Basically, I'm skipping this generation. I don't have time to play games anymore anyway and my kids are young enough to not care yet. I'll see you all around 2018 or so for the PS5, XBox*insert random number here*, and Wii Wii releases.

1. Davidoff

That's especially true if Microsoft is the company with the button.

"That's especially true if Microsoft is the company with the button. They've been known to break their own products to force people to update before after all."

For example?

1. Colin Ritchie
        Windows

Re: That's especially true if Microsoft is the company with the button.

When M$ was trying to sell Vista they released SP3 for XP. A friend of mine updated his XP box and suddenly his network connection to his Xbox and NAS stopped. M$ advised him that upgrading to Vista would solve this.

When Win 8.0 was dying on the shelves M$ released a patch for Win 7 which bugged 3rd party security suites and caused havoc for some folks. The M$ strategy for upselling products folks don't want is ignorance and fear.

2. jdieter

Re: break their own products

It is argued that NOT fixing security vulnerabilities (which appear to be purposefully built in since Window for workgroups is the same as "breaking their own products) see "no more service packs for NT"

16. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

creeps

The guy has taken great pleasure in receiving his XboxOne early, opening it and hooking it up online purely out of curiosity and to show off to his followers. I don't see why he deserves 100 bucks compensation unless Target are going to ask for it back.

MS also seem overly desperate to avoid any bad publicity.

17. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

Game console danger

This is the major danger we have when using game consoles, and it now becomes horribly clear that it doesn't matter if you're talking PS3 or XBox.

It's not fully clear to me but it seems as if he can't use his console at all to play games, not even in single player, and that is of course a huge issue. Or better put: it should be, but something tells me most people don't care or aren't even aware of it.

Because this proves beyond doubt that although you purchased something which should be usable in a stand-alone fashion, it's all up to the company behind it to (dis)allow gameplay. And that can work against you really quick. What happens if the next generation of consoles comes out? Will we still be able to play with the, at that time, "old" ones or are the companies behind it simply going to throw the switch?

Same applies with games which get continuous updates over time. It can work in favour of the player when new contents and extra options get added, but it can also work against you when $game-company decides to remove certain options. Especially if those are options which you actually liked.

This happens all over the place. From the famous grid start vs. rolling start in Gran Turismo to pinball balls which got odd darker colours in Pinball Arcade (which used to be my all time favourite pinball game before that horrid change) right down to your job rewards getting cut in half if you replay a mission when looking at Grand Theft Auto online (allthough that isn't the best of examples considering that we're talking about online gameplay here).

But fact of the matter remains that if you buy a game for a games console then there's no telling if you'll continue to enjoy that game. On a PC you can opt out of nasty updates if you don't like them, but on a console you don't get that luxury.

So although I personally prefer playing games on my PS3 I can really understand why some people are so driven to also get games to be available on the PC. It's more than mere gameplay; it's also a form of freedom in how you want to play that game.

18. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

suprised to see

They sold at least one given the universally bad reviews so far and it's only slightly better than current gen specs it's been lumbered with.

19. mickey mouse the fith

Hmmm, think il pass on the xbone

Can they legally stop you playing your offline games? I would have thought that would fall foul of numerous computer misuse and trading standards regulations. Banning you from their online service for whatever reason is fair enough, but bricking a bit of hardware the user has paid for and rendering it useless until they decide otherwise? If they did that to me it would be marched back to the retailer and a refund would be demanded with threats of legal action as its no longer fit for purpose.

And if they have this offline games knobbling capability, you have to wonder what else they have hidden in the firmware.

20. Coen Dijkgraaf
    Joke

In New Zealand the Xbox One is guarded by sharks

http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/games/30003133/worlds-first-xbox-one-guarded-by-sharks

And no, they don't have frickin' laser beams attached to their heads

21. Stuart Halliday
    Trollface

Ok. So who was the Reseller?

Pretty obvious to me that they wanted to release early 'by accident' to get extra sales and free advertising.

They wouldn't be the first or last company to try it on...

22. T J

Xbox? Really?

Players still buy Xboxes? Since Nintendo now call ALL the shots (and nobody is laughing anymore), Redmond is rapidly going down the gurgler, and Sony are busy shooting their balls off from every possible direction... I'm starting to find Xbox stories rather quaint.

23. Michael 28

Meh!

For me , gaming peaked with David Braben's "Frontier", and has gone downhill ever since.

If he feels that aggrieved , ship it back as defective and do a credit/debit card chargeback.

24. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Usual Reg crap journalism

So again, the Reg goes all hooting and tooting about MS shafting this guy and completely fails to mention that:

A: It wasn't MS's fault it got shipped to the customer early

B: They have taken all possible steps to 'make up' for it

C: Really, being blocked from an online network that doesn't actually have anyone online.... is it that big a deal?

Should just rename it RegiSun

1. Mike Brown

Re: Usual Reg crap journalism

as far as im aware, he also cant play single player games either. thats the reason for the hooting

25. jdieter

they CAN BAN is the story

They can legally stop YOUR machine that YOU bought from working AT ALL. I promise you as a father, when Microsoft can say "do this or I'll take away your xbox" a kid will do ANYTHING. Digital slaves. Honestly, people complain about "there is nothing good on T.V." I thank God. Because the first day I turn on the T.V., or the xbox, and DON'T get bored after an hour, is the end of the world. Everyone will spend their entire lives connected.

26. jdieter

DON'T WORRY

all the games will be ported to an open source engine that runs just fine on the $35 raspberry pi. Linux to the rescue! (sorry, daydreaming)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like