back to article Billionaire Google founder splits with wife, allegedly beds Google Glass staffer

Google Glass marketing manager and "real woman" Amanda Rosenberg, 26, is reportedly Google co-founder Sergey Brin's new squeeze. The billionaire super-geek has split from his wife of six years - and is now apparently enjoying a cosy relationship with his techno-goggles-touting colleague. All Things Digital revealed that Brin …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. FartingHippo
    Paris Hilton

WTF?

Must have typed popbitch rather than theregister. Silly me.

1. asdf
      Coffee/keyboard

Re: WTF?

hear, hear

2. The Man Who Fell To Earth Silver badge
      Pint

Re: WTF?

This is the OTHER way some people in Silicon Valley get very rich.

2. Craigness

Googlers..."disgusted with her"

She needs to be more active with the ban hammer on her G+ page!

3. Mr. Peterson

Tommy, Can You Hear Me?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

In most US Corps...

Relationships are frowned upon, especially between managers and underlings.

Even just an apparent conflict of interest could result in an employee's termination.

(Usually the underlings....)

1. Chris Miller

Re: In most US Corps...

True, unless the manager is senior enough to write his own rules ...

1. kain preacher

Wait Did Bill gates wife use to work at MS? I thought that's how they met ?

1. asdf

Yeah the joke being she was a marketing manager on the MS Bob product. Good luck selling that turd but she made lemonade by boning the boss.

2. Gil Grissum
        Pint

Particularly if that senior is a billionaire and writes the rules for the company. We having a bit of a fling here before returning home to the wife? Hard to imagine Brin will leave the biologist for a mere saucy minx.

5. Jediben

At least the kids will be taken care of, although they will probably wonder why their daddy is such a douche and grow up surrounded by material things that can never replace their dreams of a happy, complete family life. Who knows, maybe in ten years time they will be able to Google this article and cry to themselves at the rather limp innuendo.

Grow up, El Reg. This isn't tech news, this is life news - and it's not your life to talk about.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Steady on there blamey... Do you know he was being a douche?

2. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge

> and it's not your life to talk about.

Are you the Obama of (low-end) journalism?

3. DavCrav

Well, I remember someone once saying something about if you don't want everyone to know about your actions, don't do them. Can't remember who it was though. Maybe the two of them should have a chat about it.

6. Frankee Llonnygog

I guess she looked at Sergey and thought,

"Hmm - what I'd give for a piece of that glass!'

7. Anomalous Cowshed

New

Google Wife 2.0 - currently in Beta testing.

Featuring new, improved GUI.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

When I was 40 I started dating a 26 yr old. Me and Sergei are the same, give or take $22.8bn.

1. Havin_it
      Pint

Do you have a newsletter?

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"When I was 40 I started dating a 26 yr old. Me and Sergei are the same, give or take $22.8bn."

39, and 25 in my case, but sadly no variance regarding the $22.8bn... boo.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

When I was 40 I started dating a 26 yr old.

39, and 25 in my case

When I started dating my wife I was 30 and she, 25 – though she did and still does look some ten years younger than her actual age. To this day we joke about how she must always have some ID on her, should a passing policeman or the like take me for a paedo.

As for the money, no, I'm as broke as you.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

"When I started dating my wife I was 30 and she, 25 – though she did and still does look some ten years younger than her actual age. "

So you go for the 15 year old look?? Okayyy

1. jonathanb Silver badge

I'm guessing he goes for the oriental look. They tend to age better than people from other parts of the world.

2. oolor

>So you go for the 15 year old look?? Okayyy

Interesting how that is the first thing to pop into your mind and you chose to be AC.

1. Anonymous Coward
              Anonymous Coward

So you go for the 15 year old look??

I'm guessing he goes for the oriental look.

"A little from column A, a little from cloumn B."

Though to my defense, it's not paedocrime to have the hots for a girl who looks underage, is it?

Or must I look out for the pitchforks, should we ever set foot in Airstrip One?

1. Anonymous Coward
                Childcatcher

> Though to my defense, it's not paedocrime to have the hots for a girl who looks underage, is it?

Just make sure you don't take a picture of her, ... or a cartoon drawing come to think of it.

2. Belardi
          Devil

I'm almost 43 and my wife is 30... its not uncommon. Hehe, I already lost my virginity when she was born.

She is 5-3" / 105lbs, nice body - cute smile that melts me. The girl I dated before her was 21 years old... had my fun - nice girl. She was 5-0", 95 lbs - too small, but very energetic dancer.

Oh... I also don't have the $22+ billion.

9. Cubical Drone

How does that saying go?

Something like, "when you have a 40, change it in for two 20s."

10. a well wisher

So Miss Rosberg what was it that first attracted you to the multi billionare,Segey ?

1. Godwhacker
      Stop

"He had more to offer than the kind of guy who spends his life making obvious comments on the Internet"

2. Thecowking

I would pay good money to see Ellison, Ballmer, Brin and Page on the Mrs Merton show, having a heated debate.

11. Rosie Davies

Man of 40 dumps wife and shacks up with woman 14 years his junior. Aren't they usually called mid-life crises?

I wonder whether Sergey will choose the motorbike or the red sports car.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Or another aeroplane? Hell, he could just spaff a few billion on another vanity project.

2. Eddy Ito

Does a hot pink Tesla S count as a red sports car?

3. Belardi

Not a midlife crises.

Rosie said: Man of 40 dumps wife and shacks up with woman 14 years his junior. Aren't they usually called mid-life crises?

Not really. Most men prefer younger women... most men die younger too. Older men have money that boys don't have. Older men can be better lovers too... (not always). Even before I meet my future wife, I had a few dates with a 40yr old woman, before her a 21yr old... My range is usually from 21~33.

We don't know these people's private lives (like the poster talking about the broken home and poor children) - there is still a professional and positive relationship between him and his "ex". Mr Google might have already separated from his wife before he had any relations with Rosenberg (who is very cute). I have a son with an ex, she is on good terms with me and my wife. (The EX is a few years younger than my wife)

Guys (and some women) with money will and DO get a lot of sex from women. Sexuality sells. A guy with money can woo a girl with adventure, eat at the best places, etc. Look at Hugh Heffner; he's like 90 years old and still has some-sort of sex with 20-something year old girls. And you know what, he doesn't force them to do anything. Money talks...

PS: Rosenberg has a job at Google... she has skills that got her hired. Doesn't make her a bad person or a gold digger. The Bigman might have said "Hey, lets go out for drinks"... and it went from there.

A relationship starts with someone saying "hello".

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Picture of a pretty girl, but no picture of Sergei?

What is this, The Daily Mail? Is she a nasty temptress or is he a love rat. Or is it more likely that it's a pretty unpleasant experience for all involved and hitherto pretty much unknown people don't need to be having their face flashed about for no real reason.

1. diodesign (Written by Reg staff) Silver badge

RE: Coward

"Picture of a pretty girl, but no picture of Sergei?"

Everyone knows who Sergey is, not everyone knows she is. I've added a pic to remind you (PS: He's already on the front page).

C.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: RE: Coward

It wasn't on the front page when I made the comment though.

Still pretty gutter level journalism. I see no public interest in anyone knowing what she looks like. Sure, the public will probably be interested, but that's not the same thing, is it?

2. oolor
      FAIL

>Or is it more likely that it's a pretty unpleasant experience for all involved and hitherto pretty much unknown people don't need to be having their face flashed about for no real reason.

Given that the young lady seems to post her thoughts at length on the internet for all to see, I have a hard time feeling sorry for her. I'll pay 10-1 that she is reveling in the attention (and I don't mean Sergey's).

Given that the particulars of Brin's marriage and its dissolution are not known, it is hard to say if there was any malfeasance by any party.

Given that the article here was written in the typical El Reg style and seemed to mock the other coverage - particularly the more salacious unsubstantiated ones - I have a hard time seeing you gutter claims and suspect envy, particularly since you posted as AC.

Given that the first thing under the picture is "Much of that work appeared to involve a foxy Rosenberg trying to make Glass look sexy in glossy mags..." which is perfectly illustrated by the picture, I'd say that it is indeed in the public interest and precisely why the public is interested. You pretend you are not, yet posted twice.

That is all.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

" I have a hard time seeing you gutter claims and suspect envy, particularly since you posted as AC."

How does that work, then? Envy about what?

13. Thomas 4

Man has new girlfriend

News at elev- oh wait.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

record events with google glass

Wonder if they were both wearing their's when they first hooked up ;-)

New Google corporate video.

Not going to start off puns about Glashole.

15. Antony Riley

I know it's bootnotes but...

Isn't this stooping a bit lower than normal to get a few extra readers?

16. silent_count
    IT Angle

See icon ->

Nothing further to add.

17. Luke McCarthy

El Reg lives up to it's red top

Welcome to the gutter!

Obviously his first wife was just a beta.

18. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

BOFH

This article deserves a BOFH action...

19. Midnight

I've seen this story before

Isn't this how Microsoft Bob got started?

20. Havin_it
    Joke

That orientation scene in the film "The Internship"

[or more accurately in its press trailer, as not seen the actual film, but I digress]

Goog wonk: Dating another member of staff?

Forest of "NOT OK" paddles goes up.

Two paddles go up (our "heroes") with "OK".

CUTTING-ROOM FLOOR:

A skinny gentleman in black saunters past the door at this moment, observes, and gives a hearty thumbs-up.

21. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge

"Real woman"

What does that even mean?

3D pig disgusting, not my waifu etc.

1. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

Re: "Real woman"

Unless he did implicit none "Amanda" would be REAL by default

1. Michael Wojcik Silver badge

Re: "Real woman"

Presumably it means she's not a complex woman, and nothing about her is imaginary. She may or may not be rational, and may lack integrity.

22. Wang N Staines
    Happy

Billionaire ... she really knows how to pick them.

23. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Woooo

I bet her dreams are filled with public urination right about now.

I can forgive him. Sometimes married people realize they got married for social reasons rather than genuine connection.

24. Cleverfiend

As Mrs Merton might have said "So what attracted you to the billionaire Sergey Brin?" ...

25. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Gonzo grumble flick?

I bet you they're putting the glasses to good use for their home vids! :D

26. jake Silver badge

There is a reason that the phrase ...

... "never dip your pen in the company ink" exists.

It'll all end in tears. Or giggles, if you're on the outside looking in ;-)

27. jellypappa

who's shagging who?

does anyone really care?

1. Turtle

@ jellypappa: Pre-nuptial Agreement.

"does anyone really care?"

What interests me is what the pre-nuptial agreement with his soon-to-be ex-wife says.

1. Uwe Dippel
        Coat

Re: @ jellypappa: Pre-nuptial Agreement.

Never mind. I trust her lawyers.

My question: How does she look like?

28. Eduard Coli

Privacy, surely not

Its interesting that a company so involved in help government practice surveillance are so closed mouth about their own affairs. Anyhow, this would explain why a stinker like Glass would get so much attention and so much money wasted on it.

29. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Well...

She IS pretty darn hot. Too bad Brin has kids, otherwise this would be win.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Well...

Really? Is splitting up with your wife ever a win? Or only if the person you're leaving her for is pretty?

Pathetic.

30. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"He has two young kids with Wojcicki."

That sounds bad. Is it curable?

1. Michael Wojcik Silver badge

Re: "He has two young kids with Wojcicki."

Is it curable?

Not usually, but then it's not that bad, either.

On a related note, I wonder if Wojcicki had 23andme screen her husband, and if so whether a propensity to leave wives for coworkers wearing ugly glasses turned up.

31. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

She went to school with Kate?

And she schools Kate on hypergamy! They must offer a degree in ladder theory at the university of Marlborough!

(Waiting for Sergey to buy Windsor Castle and turn it into a datacenter or something)

32. Cucumber C Face
    Holmes

Welcome To Marketing

... the Department which always has the hottest babes, the ugliest dudes and the ethics of an anthrax bacillus.

33. ecofeco Silver badge
    Paris Hilton

26?

I must be getting old because she doesn't a look a day over 18.

If that.

34. skeptical i
    Pirate

two words for Anne Wojcicki: Community. Property.

np

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: two words for Anne Wojcicki: Community. Property.

She and Sergey have a pre-nup.....So no community propery

1. Moosh
        Holmes

To be fair, she could get 1% of everything he has and still never have to work a day in her life, while still enjoying a ridiculously luxurious lifestyle.

You'd have to be one cold bastard to not give your other half ANYTHING when you could literally pull a scrooge mcduck and dive into a vault of money. Or your other half would have to be one of the most horrible people on the face of this planet.

If they get through this amicably then she's still set for life.

1. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

Half is tricky when "what you have" is a major interest in a currently operating public company.

If half of his shares in Google and half his votes on the board were suddenly owned by somebody who hated his guts - exactly what would the company be then worth?

2. Belardi
          Gimp

To be fair, she could get 1% of everything he has and still never have to work a day in her life, while still enjoying a ridiculously luxurious lifestyle. ~~ If they get through this amicably then she's still set for life.

She already IS SET for life! She is was part of google in the early days and is a multimillionaire herself. If he gave her $10million, she wouldn't notice it. They will go their separate ways.

35. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

Gossip!?!

I've subscribed to the Register for tech news. If I wanted gossip I'd read Heat magazine or any one of the Murdoch empire publications.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Gossip!?!

I wholeheartedly agree. The worst thing is that in being outraged, I've driven a whole bunch of adverts for them by commenting.

2. Pascal Monett Silver badge
      Facepalm

If you don't want gossip, don't read articles classed under Bootnotes.

Duh.

3. Michael Wojcik Silver badge

How terrible that the Reg has forced you to read this article, then. I suggest you demand the cost of your subscription be refunded.

36. Nuke
    Holmes

A Bit too Close to Work

FTFA :- "Rosenberg ...... has transferred from her Glass PR role, which had her working extremely closely with Brin"

These people don't look very far, do they ? I knew of a couple who met at work, married, then divorced. They worked in the same office all the while. How they got on at work after that was a constant source of gossip and amusement behind their backs among the others, particularly among the women.

Not a good idea.

37. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

(non)news about two glassholes. Meh

38. Useless User

Juicy!

Imagine Brin talking with Wojcicki and the kids, while enjoying Rosenberg through his facial jewelry. Now it's clear for what reason that thing was invented...

"ok glass," show me lass

39. Zmodem

she worked her way up fast with 44,423 have her in circles

40. Kevin Fields

Don't Be Douchy, ElReg

Leave this stuff to TMZ.

41. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Distraction from running the business?

I wonder how much his infatuation with her has left him blind to the failings of Glass?

42. JaitcH
    Thumb Down

Google has maintained a glassy silence ...

so should The Register.

43. Levente Szileszky

WIthout knowing the backstory it looks like a 40+ billionaire is just the same stupid dumb cock...

...like many non-billionaire with post-40 midlife crisis - because, as we know already, every cock will crow upon his own dunghill.

I fear for 23andme so I hope Mom gets a fat check. =)

44. Fletchulence

Please don't cover this type of story

I have no interest in peoples personal relationships. If I was interested in such things, I'd watch the same TV programmes as my wife.

1. GeorgeTuk

Re: Please don't cover this type of story

And if you could avoid reading articles under Bootnotes and then commenting that would be great.

Thanks!

45. Jo 5
    Paris Hilton

fwwuuuaahhhh

I'd tap that.

oops sorry that i was on the dailymaul.com then.

46. This post has been deleted by its author

47. David Beck
    Happy

Stolen from Mrs Merton

Now tell me Miss Rosenberg, what was it that first attracted you to the billionaire Mr Brin?

48. Zaphod BOFH

She must have...

a docking station, in place of a tramp stamp!

49. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

R&D

Will everyone who wears Google Glass get the hots for Sergey?

This topic is closed for new posts.