back to article Singing astronaut Chris Hadfield resigns from Canadian Space Agency

Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield, former commander of the International Space Station and occasional orbital troubadour, has resigned from the Canadian Space Agency (CSA), officially ending his 21-year career as an astronaut. "Chris Hadfield has inspired all Canadians, especially our next-generation of scientists and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

he still needs to rehabilitate

Following many months in a sterile, airless, weightless vacuum with no atmosphere he will be moving to Ottowa/Toronto/Mississauga (delete as applicable)

1. Katie Saucey
      Happy

Re: he still needs to rehabilitate

.."Ottawa/Toronto/Mississauga (delete as applicable)"

OK

Ottawa/Toronto/Mississauga

Done.

2. Frumious Bandersnatch

Hmm... If he still wanted to stay in the US, he could always aim for Cicely, AK.

1. Chris Miller

Surely Benson, AZ?

2. Khaptain Silver badge
    Coat

Life on Earth

I suppose that Chris Hadfield is one of the few men that truly know what it means to live the "burden of life on earth".

3. amanfromearth

He's got it

Just in time to compete in the X Factor

4. Yag
    Thumb Up

Wise move.

Well, 20 years of service and former ISS commander - his astronaut career was already at its peak.

I predict some very nice job offers from the various private space ventures. Perhaps he will be the first man sent to Mars, who knows...

I wish him good luck in his new endeavours.

1. Richard Gadsden

Re: Wise move.

The first man on Mars was John Boone, don't we all know that?

1. Graham Marsden
        Alien

Re: Wise move.

ITYM John Carter...

5. Wirehedd
    Pint

A Sarnia Homecoming is Due.

Those of us in Chris' hometown of Sarnia, Ontario, Canada are looking forward to his return and the monstrous welcome back party we will have for him. I promise to lift a pint of the black stuff just for the Reg when we do.:)

...we already renamed the airport here after him (several years ago) so when he flies into Chris Hadfield Airport he will know he is home.

1. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

Re: A Sarnia Homecoming is Due.

Never understood why it's such an honour to have a building that everybody hates so much named after you:

Before we can get to Disneyland kids we have to queue for 3hours at Chris Hadfield Airport

We were stuck for 6hours becuase of a delay at Chris Hadfield Airport

Snow at Chris Hadfield Airport has meant a 2nd night for travelers sleeping on the floor.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like