back to article Mobile dev site: We never knew about Facebook, Apple hacks

Mobile developer website iPhoneDevSDK says it was completely unaware of its own involvement in a recent online attack that compromised Macs at Facebook, Apple, and other companies – that is, not until its admins read about it in the tech press on Wednesday morning. "As the most widely read dedicated iOS developer forum, we're …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Don Jefe

Press

No one bothered to contact the site because everyone was too busy writing press releases and gagging for a chance to point out someone else's failure.

As is the case with so many things in life everybody is so busy tripping over themselves that they forget to actually try and solve the problem.

2. Oengus

Target iOS Target MAC

As summised in the article my first thoughts were that they weren't targeting Macs as such. The real target was iOS developers because (almost universally) iOS development has to be done on Macs. Therefore if you want to get an attack vector through to iOS (where the real money would be) tagret the tools the developers use and have them build your attack vector (inadvertently) into their Apps.

1. Chris007
      Facepalm

Re: Target iOS Target MAC

Thanks for repeating what the article had said I'd completely missed it when I read it...

3. Robert Carnegie Silver badge

"the attackers were aware that iPhoneDevSDK was a site for iOS developers"

The site name is a bit of a big clue, isn't it?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hmmm

"The fact that Macs were the target in this case suggests that the attackers were aware that iPhoneDevSDK was a site for iOS developers and that they crafted their exploits accordingly"

But HOW did they know? Those guys are good.

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
      Trollface

Re: Hmmm

The AntiLeague of Bicycle Repairmen!!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like