back to article Former co-CEO Balsillie has cashed out all his BlackBerry stock

Whatever happens to BlackBerry from here on out, it won't make any difference to Jim Balsillie. As of Thursday, the onetime co-CEO of the mobile maker formerly known as Research in Motion no longer has any stake in the company he helped lead for 20 years. According to an SEC filing on Thursday, Balsillie now owns zero shares …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Whatever happens to BlackBerry from here on out, it won't make any difference to Jim Balsillie."

Well, if a miracle occurs and BlackBerry ends up trading at $600/share, I'm guessing that while it won't make a difference to Mr. Balsillie's finances, it'll probably make a bigger difference to him.

1. Sandtitz Silver badge

same difference?

Whether the man has the suggested $400 million or say, $4 billion resting on his Cayman/Swiss account won't probably make any difference to him. Other than bragging rights of course.

Unless he plans to spend more than the $400M on ice hockey / philanthropy / anything. Which would be nice.

1. dogged

Re: same difference?

Precisely. He's only got one stomach and only one cock and there's a limit to how much he can do for either of them.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Re: same difference?

Are you kidding? If I had my druthers, starting a Formula One team or launching my own real-time geosynchronous satellite (with an optical resolution of a few cm, ideally, natch) would be quite fun. But a pittance like 400m ain't gonna do either of those things. Now, a few billion, and you're talking about some useful headroom for some fun projects.

2. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Not so crazy move on to greener pastures

Would you leave your fortune and baby in the hands of a third party you do not agree with and/or have no control over? And it aint about the money. It never is for those into fields that empower control.

3. Roger Greenwood

"just $404m."

I would take 10% of that and be very happy thank you.

1. Chris007
      Go

Re: "just $404m." @Roger Greenwood

I'd be able to make 1% go a long way and potentially retire.

4. John Tserkezis

if the company were to survive against competition from the likes of Android and the iPhone

They should be more concerned about their performance compared to Microsoft.

Android and iPhone? Yeah, good luck with that.

5. Mark Dowling
    Thumb Up

""Whatever happens to Jim B from here on out, it won't make any difference to Blackberry."

Fixed.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like