back to article Zombies, Run!

There are dozens of apps aimed at joggers that can plot a route for you, and measure your speed, progress and calories burned. Yet none of them deal with the fundamental fact that jogging is the most boring form of exercise known to humanity. Zombies, Run! attempts to add a bit of fun to your pavement pounding by involving you …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Gary Riches
    Go

I love this idea, it's very original and, with the exception of the rough edges, seems very well executed.

1. johnnytruant

it's not that original. There's been an app with the exact same name - albeit a bit less fancy - on Android for a couple of years.

But hey, what is original any more. The 'droid app is genuinely good fun, so I'd imagine this one is too.

1. ThomH

@johnnytruant

I think you're possibly confused; it's the same app from the same company for both iOS and Android, and it got Kickstarter funding last year (see http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sixtostart/zombies-run-a-running-game-and-audio-adventure-for ), rather than having been around for "a couple of years".

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Re: @johnnytruant

No, I think *you* are confused. There has been a similarly named independent Android game for a few years:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.peterd.zombierun&hl=en

(last updated a couple of years ago, natch)

1. johnnytruant

What A/C above said. Although looking a bit more at the two products, Zombies Run (the one reviewed) seems to be a bit different. Perhaps less interactive, although more suited to running the same route repeatedly or for use indoors.

1. ThomH

Well then I stand corrected. I've used Zombies Run (ie, this one) on Android and was aware it had been in the public eye quite a while before release because of the Kickstarter; the degree of funding attracted further suggested a novel product.

Despite being El Reg's boards, I'm glad we could both be civil about my error.

2. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Also been an other IOS app like this since the iPhone 3GS is we are going to nit pick.

2. Allyourbasearebelongtous
    Paris Hilton

Brains....

I use this app quite regularly on my outdoor runs. I really enjoy using it and must admit when you start hearing the zombies in your ears it does induce a sense of fight or flight.

As a overweight Test Manager who sits on his backside all day I normally find jogging more like plodding along. However first time I used it 2.11 miles with an average 10:30 per mile. Which was really good for me.

It's all tongue in cheek but it is a bit of a laugh and I really enjoy it.

Paris? Because even as a zombie I'd still run.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Joke

Re: Brains....

I'm trying hard to resist making jokes about managers and Paris being of little interest to brain eating zombies.....

2. Pascal Monett Silver badge

Re: Brains....

If you're hearing zombies in your ears, it may be a bit late for the "flight" part.

3. Imsimil Berati-Lahn
    Go

I hope they have a watertight disclaimer.

I am reminded of how virtual worlds cause problems in the real ones when the overlapping interaction space is too large.

It might not be too long before somebody scarpers enthusiastically away from imaginary zombies into the path of an all too real oncoming juggernaut.

Imagination, oxygen debt and traffic don't mix well, m'kay.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like