back to article Google offers I/O tickets to atone for Code Jam snafu

Google has decided on its "least unfair" solution to its mistakes in the Code Jam tournament to win tickets to its I/O conference: everyone will be a winner. Yesterday the Chocolate Factory admitted that its coders had made a mistake in a competition that would see 100 developers win the right to buy highly prized tickets to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. eezatehgeeza
    Mushroom

Oops...

At least you get the chance of a ticket... Who could've been sure otherwise... ...

Take cover............

2. Randy Hudson
    Holmes

The fire marshall should love that

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Win the right to buy?

IO IO it's open and free we can't go

Malware authors desperate to get their hands on code that won't be available to the public until there's another update imminent

Manufacturers yawn - 2.3 is good enough for you!

Here's hoping that everyone on of those 100 all worked for Sun

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/04/20/oracle_google_java_lawsuit_summary/

4. Gulfie
    Thumb Up

Good fun - and a way forward for next year

I took part in the code jam and narrowly missed out from being in the top 100. It was good fun and Google took the right decision - but then I would say that!

More importantly less than 300 people took part so the odds of getting a ticket were very good. If Google have any sense they'll use code jam to select at least half the ticket holders for next year.

Code jam tickets are also non-transferrable - at least the ones issued this week are.

5. Wize

What was the competition?

I tried visiting the page but its dead. What sort of thing were they after?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like