back to article Google pockets card payment biz, slips it into Wallet

Google has bought payment processor TxVia to beef up its Wallet offering, putting scalable payment and token management into the Chocolate Factory's hands. TxVia provides a back-end service for prepaid cards including gift tokens, loyalty schemes and travel cards. It has 100 million customers and links to all the important …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What the hell makes Google think I would trust them with any amount of my money however small.

1. Craigness

It's not about you

It's about the millions of people who they think would trust them with any amount of their money however small.

2. David 164

Google has not made a serious mistake yet

I do not trust anyone with my money but then we do not have much of a choice, if we want to live in the modern world with modern conveniences then we are always trusting someone to keep money safe, My bank, London underground, and a few other companies on top of that.

Google is just another one of those companies and frankly they yet to muck up, unlike the banks, some whom have lost hundreds of thousands of customers details over the past year and left major security flaws in their system un patch for almost a decade , when it comes to protecting my Google will probably do a better job than the banks and most of the other organisations I have to deal with. I have several different bank accounts in different banks, Google wont and does not need to know all of them anyway and it will at least in the beginning not be link to my main account with my main bank.

2. ratfox

I have a feeling...

That untold millions are going to be spent without people using any of these technologies. Especially as long as they tie you to a single system.

@AC19:21 Would you rather give your money to AT&T?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like