back to article Apple's Cook tops Page, Otellini in 'Favorite Boss' survey

Apple CEO Tim Cook ranked number one among US CEOs in employee esteem, according to voluntary responses to a survey which asked the simple question, "Do you approve of the way this person is handling the job of leading this company?" "What makes this list important is it's based on feedback from the CEOs' own employees," a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Chris Miller

Do you approve of the way this person is handling the job of leading this company?

Are your share options above water?

HTH

1. asdf
      FAIL

exactly what I was thinking and stated better than I could have managed. Still not all the hate for Ballmer is just share price. There is definitely some working for a douche nozzle effect in there.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Compared to Mr Jobs this guy is an angel.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

The downfall begins when softies take over big business. 'buy I like to be nice' won't cut it!

1. gribbler

Re: The downfall begins

Seriously? You think that companies are more successful if managers don't care about their employees or whether they are liked?

There's no place for mr nice when dealing with the competition, but if you can't win over your own employees then you might as well give in.

2. toadwarrior

Nope, steve at least contributed something to technology that was of more value than a chair throwing meme. He's a douche and should be selling used cars.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Doomed..Doomed I SAY!!!

It's Time to run to the hills and sell all your apples....

Nice guys dont do well running a global business, only the narcissistic despots win in this game...

anyone started laying bets on when Apple goes chapter 11 yet ???

1. Armando 123

Re: Doomed..Doomed I SAY!!!

According to Michael Dell, it's 1997.

3. This post has been deleted by its author

4. Franklin
    Joke

Ballmer

His approval rating is sinking? Maybe it's time for him to throw more office furniture. I hear that helps.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Ballmer

Perhaps he could make a public gesture to inspire his employees. How's about something like an erotic sweat-drenched simian dance around a podium, complete with rabble-rousing a-whoopin' and a-hollerin', followed by a repeated shouted declaration of how much he loves the company?

What could possibly go wrong?

5. mevets

Another question

Do you approve of the company you work for?

It would be interesting to see the relationship....

6. Charles Manning

Rankings mean little

Reg hacks need a bit of Stats 101.

Rankings mean nothing when there is such a small difference between the players. Just look at the numbers and consider statistical significance. When you do that then there is no real difference between the top 5 who are all within 95% +- 2%.

Of course the step down to Starbucks and even further down to Microsoft is very significant.

7. ratfox

What about Jeff Bezos?

That I understand, he is worth about 0.98 Jobs on the tyrant scale... But he does get fairly impressive results, too.

I am surprised not to see him on the list, considering Meg Whitman is. Maybe I give her too little credit.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like