back to article Apple iPhoto

Apple’s iPhoto has a relatively modest set of editing tools but – as you might expect from Apple – wraps them up in an attractive and easy-to-use interface that leaves most other photo-editing apps looking positively antiquated. Apple iPhoto iOS app screenshot Collate your photos in albums on the iPhoto bookshelf The app …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Extemely Limited but looks nice.

That's Apple through and through then....

kinda like Fisher-price tablets...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Recent experience?

@AC: "Extemely Limited but looks nice - kinda like Fisher-price"

I found it very capable for the form factor, but it's been a very long time since I handled anything from Fisher-Price to compare it with. Sounds like you have some very recent experience though.

2. Steve Ives

Re: Extemely Limited but looks nice.

You don't get it, do you?

"Extemely (sic) Limited but looks nice." - your paraphrase, not theirs. So "Looking nice" is a bad thing now, is it? Besides, it didn't say that; it said that the interface was very slick, which is a different thing altogether (it also didn't say "Extremely limited").

So what's with the mentality that Good GUI = nothing more than eye candy = something to be sneered at? Perhaps anything with a CPU in it should have nothing more than a command line interface? (Command line? those are for script kiddies. Real men use assembler).

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Blunderbuss
    Thumb Up

Seems to do what most want it to

Easy to use, fairly intuitive and does enough to make your pics look nice without having to do a training course first.

Just what the majoirty of people would like. It'll probably sell well but I agree that it should really come bundled with iOS.

4. Milkfloat

85%

855 for an app that does not let you sync your picture off to iphoto on your mac, does not let you manage the photos and has no way to get photobooks printed that you spent so long creating. Is the Reg trying to get into Apple's good books? I would call this app still very much a beta, a long way to go before I start trying to use it again.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: 85%

If you use iCloud on your phone, they'll sync to your Mac

5. Scott Mckenzie

Free on a Mac

It's only free on a new Mac though isn't it.... you don't get new major versions for free do you?

1. ThomH

Re: Free on a Mac

Quite correct — and the Mac version is £10.49, which makes the iPad version look even better.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like