back to article Gerry turncoat Harvey gives gamers a deal

The CEO of Australian retailer Harvey Norman, Gerry Harvey has unleashed his fickle ways on the gaming industry, launching an offshore discount gaming site just days before Christmas. Harvey has been one of the most vociferous protagonists against the growth of borderless online shopping, campaigning for months on the idea of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Graham Marsden
    WTF?

Syndicated Facility Agreement...

or SFA for short...!

2. Steven Roper

So Harvey has finally remembered the age-old adage

"If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!"

Took him long enough!

3. randombrick
    Coat

I don't get this. How do Norman and cronies claim that the GST is why we pay more in Oz? GST just adds peanuts compared to the pricing-up that happens in Australia.

Take Battlefield 3 (Xbox) for e.g. - on ozgameshop it's priced around A$ 43 while norman's DI lists it at A$59 and hardly normal lists at $67.88.

Mine's the distributors/retailers picking my pocket.

4. cupperty
    FAIL

Yet more Ozzie crap

This stuff (which started appearing en masse about 6 mths ago if I recall) on elreg.CO.UK is totally turnoff to most UK readers (IMHO).

1. Lyle Dietz
      Trollface

Oh look, a whinging pom...

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Get back at the whinging pom, ship your goods over here on his money...

Austrlaia is still subsidised for shipping by the UK tax payer as the "colony" is considered still vital for ongoing communicaitons and by product parcel delivery from Amazon Uk and other retailers when even their prices are 1/3rd the price Austrlaians are ripped off on.

Order more UK goods which in themselves are all made and brought in from China, and rack up a nice postal subsidy bill to be paid by the whingers!

6. Oor Nonny-Muss

Now that Hardly Normal has caught up...

... have all the buyers not already foxtrot oscared to other non-HN etailers abroad?

As for the whinging pom (cupperty) - there's a whole world out there outside Englandshire - that's why Englandshire's in such a bloody state, there seems to be some belief that overseas of any description is automatically bad.

This topic is closed for new posts.