back to article Mars rover Curiosity autographed by Obama

NASA's Mars rover Curiosity, which departed Earth bound for the red planet on Saturday, carries a collection of signatures inscribed on its chassis including that of US president Barack Obama and other worthies including NASA bigwigs and the schoolgirl who named the radical nuclear-powered robot vehicle. Mars Science …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Sir Cosmo Bonsor

Good

When the invasion begins, they'll know to come for her first.

2. Olafthemighty
    Alien

I *really* hope

Obama's signature says something unbelievably rude in Martian!

3. Fibbles
    Thumb Up

If i remember correctly...

I submitted my name to go on that (or maybe I'm getting confused with some probe, it was a few years ago). It's quite a nice feeling knowing that a nuclear powered tank with lasers will soon be trundling around Mars bearing my name. That said, if the accepted every name submitted it should also be trundling around bearing every meme the denizens of 4chan could think of.

4. ratfox
    Alien

Is this really a good idea?

DEAR CLARA MA,

I AM THE WIDOW OF DICEASED LAAAPR14, RULER OF VICTORIA CRATER. I AM CONTACTING YOU ABOUT A SUM OF 1,000,000,000 (BILLION) ZPTS LEFT TO ME BY MY HUSBAND BEFORE THE REBELS INVADED OUR GIANT CAVE....

5. Matthew Smith

Mysterons

Oh great, when the body snatching Mysterons turn up, they won't just impersonate Obama, they'll know how to forge his signature as well.

6. Mike Flugennock
    Thumb Down

Autographed by Obummer?

Bah. Friggin' politicians take credit for everything good that happens, but avoid responsibility at all costs when things go down the shitter:

http://sinkers.org/stage/?p=1014

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What a waste!

What a waste of money. We should be improving life here on Earth. People not having access to clean drinking water or nourishing food. No one should go to bed on an empty stomach. Money best spend on funding research for cure or better treatment of diseases. I have two relatives that have MS.

8. Wallyb132
    Flame

Is this really a good idea?

The entire Martian culture will think that Obama made the damn thing and thus is the smartest person we have. they will likely attack and destroy us out of pity or fear of being overrun by a zealous horde of idiots...

9. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

Let's hope....

That there isn't a well-connected Martian handwriting analyst who interprets Obama's sig as indicating predilections to greed and genocidal dictatorship!

I'm off to my mountain survival bunker until the Martian counter-strike is over.

10. phear46

hmmm

Anyone else think this thing is too complicated to work? I mean..... way to much can go wrong with it. Sky crane mode just seems like an expensive heap of twisted nuclear material to me...... and if America sent it up then there's just no way it was 100% thought through.

11. LoopyChew

Mars beware!

The world's first serial Martian cat killer is on its way!

This topic is closed for new posts.