back to article JustPictures

JustPictures has been my preferred app for managing photo galleries for nearly a year but a recent slew of upgrades - some cosmetic, some more fundamental - have elevated it to a level were it now deserves a strong recommendation. The app's key attraction is its ability to pull all your photo libraries together no matter where …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. geekclick
    Pint

Perfect

just what one has been looking for since yesterday, downloading now

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What's the product?

When an app is "both free to use and free of adverts" you have to ask yourself what the people who made this app are selling? More often than not, if you can't identify the product then you or your data is the product.

Of course, they may just be benevolent developers doing it to enrich people's lives, such developers do exist. Then again, the app does allow them to gain usernames and passwords to all your photo accounts, and let's be realistic, a lot of people use just one or two different passwords for all their online/computer accounts so that data certainly has value to the wrong sort of people.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Using this myself

If you have photos all over the cloud this is an ideal way of accessing all your accounts from the one app. You can also add friends accounts in Windows Live, Flickr and Picasa as well as Facebook. Strongly recommended.

4. Bakunin
    Stop

"no matter where they are stored"

No matter where? How about FTP or WebDav or SSHFS, or IMAP extentions, etc.

There are some really sleek and sometimes innovative apps on Android (and probably iOS). But anything "networky" seems to only be able to work with some Cloud Service or another. How about a bit of support for some of those decades old open standards?

More and more people don't want to hand everything over to data mining / profiling /selling companies. Your own server's cheep .... and fun too!

5. The Original Ash

Absolutely anywhere?

Even when stored on my home PC on an encrypted external drive, as I've no desire to share my personal (and very boring) moments with world + dog?

6. Paul Shirley

no video support?

Nice but doesn't handle video at all and it mounted my sdcard folders multiple times. Looks like stock Gallery isn't dead quite yet. Hopefully they can get video added with a bit of prompting.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like