back to article China punts free condoms at iPhone owners

The Chinese are testing an iPhone app for ordering government-funded contraception, but with limited success as the state won't stump up for the quality brands. The service currently covers Beijing, and will provide three packs of ten every two months, with free delivery if you're central enough. While you're browsing you'll …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Could they do this for all iphone users

Could they do this for all iphone users in the world, in a generation or two things would be better

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Spermbank App for Android?

What a brilliant story, at least their government is in touch with their users. Maybe they should provide a spermbank donation widget to Android users for all their one handed action whilst business personalising their phones.

iPhone users = those that have sex with other :)

3. Anonymous John

But

I thought all Appletards were geeks who would use condoms as iPhone screen protectors.

1. TeeCee Gold badge
      Joke

Surely, being rubber, it would also serve to insulate the antenna from your hand[1]?

[1] Stop laughing at the back there.....

4. Nuke
    WTF?

Every Other Day

30 condoms every two months? Those Chinese guys are higher scorers than I thought.

5. David Barrett

3 packs of 10 every 2 months?

What would anyone need a lifetime supply for 10 people every 2 months for?

</joke>

6. Mondo the Magnificent
    Devil

Ah.... I get it..

Either place the iPhone inside the condom, or place condoms on your fingers to resolve the well publicised, almost over hyped "Antenna Issue"..

Brilliant!

7. NoneSuch Silver badge
    Devil

The iPhone condoms will only be available in one size and reportedly rip 20% of the time. Apple R&D promises the next version will address these "minor" failings.

In other news, Apple's lawsuit against both Durex and Trojan for offering similarly shaped product to the iDong progresses and recent statements from Apple execs assure their shareholders they will win their case to safeguard "their" intellectual property.

1. Tigra 07
      Thumb Up

RE: NoneSuch

You forgot the part where Microsoft "creates" a similar product that seemingly exists mostly as a target for Viruses and STI trojans.

8. Lamont Cranston

"three packs of ten every two months"

Why are they giving out 2 years supply, every couple of months?

1. Tigra 07
      Pirate

RE: Lamont

For some of us, that's just a good couple weeks up the nightingale.

Why marry the cow if you can get the milk for free?

Pirate logo for obvious raisins

9. Arctic fox
    Trollface

"Fondle something other than a mobe"

Do they have the time or the inclination for other interactions?

10. Jedit Silver badge
    Joke

Pfft

Why do these companies always give away "exciting free gifts" that you're never going to use?

11. defiler
    Joke

"a similarly-aged woman was adamant that nothing unbranded was going near her"

Does that make her a brand-whore?

Yeah - I'd best get back to work...

1. Marvin the Martian

I'm mostly bemused about their believe in labels. They must have seen some chinese knockoffs in their time?

12. Dazed and Confused

iPhone apps

Since won't allow any iPhone apps for sex, owners wouldn't have a clue what to do with a condom.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So are China....

... calling iPhone users a bunch of co...

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Size does matter...

I am not Chinese, just live and work in China, china govt supplied ones are not .. err.. adequately sized :-)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

RE: AC

Too big eh?

15. mhenriday
    Thumb Up

Is that where Mr Cameron

got the full-body condom he wears ? From what source does Steve Bell derive all his information ?!!...

Henri

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like