back to article NBN Co outlines next year of target sites

NBN Co, the company building Australia’s National Broadband Network, has announced the next years’ worth of rollout plans. With 28 new locations added to the company’s announced rollout plans, the organization has more than doubled its published footprint plans. Its list of upcoming sites is certain to come under criticism, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Give them time…

I'll just hang out on 512/128kbps ADSL just a little longer then. In my case they're close enough to not bother with ADSL2 just now.

Good things come to those who wait. :-)

2. LaeMing
    Thumb Up

WooHoo Wollongong

Though I am close enough to my exchange to get decend downstream over copper, the upstream is a bit slower than I may need in a year-or-so when I want to bring a personal server online.

I know the people at Dapto will be happy - their DSL exchange has been full for years.

3. BlackKnight(markb)

wish they would have started in ACT South not North, telstra already has fibre available in gunghalin, can't even get a HFC link down south. i suppose progress is progress though.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

yes but no

I have no confidence it'll ever reach us yokes out in the burbs.

Come the impending change in government, the whole NBN thing will be wound up by the Libs.

They don't get the Internet.

The NBN'll be deader than a dead dingos donga.

1. Peter Murphy
      Thumb Up

I think the NBN will be safe even if the Libs get in.

It's unlikely they will hold a majority in the Senate, which any NBN-killing bill needs to go through. The Greens, Xenophon and the ALP will deny the Lib/Nats a majority.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Holmes

Libs should jump on board

I am so so so sick of this federal government however their only saving grace is the NBN. I will still vote labour at the election for this reason only...

Why can't the Liberal party just wake up to the reality that Australia needs this NBN and it is just plain silly to wreck it if they get government.

6. Tim Bates
    Thumb Down

Gah

Cross another year off the list for me then. And at this rate, our local farmers will soon have better speeds via satellite than I get at home.

This topic is closed for new posts.