back to article Samsung rolls out Galaxy Tab 10.1

Samsung today paved the way for the worldwide release of its second-gen Android tablet by launching the Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Korea. The skinny, light - it's 8.6mm thick and weighs 565g - tablet runs Android 3.1 Honeycomb on a 1GHz dual-core Nvidia Tegra 2 chip. Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 As the name suggests, it's a 10.1in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. nichomach

Looks nice...

...but aren't they supposed to be doing an 8.9" as well, which I thought sounded more interesting?

2. Lars Petersson
    Alert

It looks like it's already here...

I could be wrong, but it look like it's already available from amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Galaxy-10-1-Inch-Wi-Fi-White/dp/B0058P1D76/ref=sr_1_3?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1311163317&sr=1-3

Or is that a different tablet?

1. Gulfie
      Thumb Up

Yes it is...

But only through unofficial channels. The seller, DigiGood, is importing them, probably from the USA. This means that although you can get one today, you're probably over-paying and you can't get any of the useful accessories like the USB adaptor or HDMI adaptor - unless you go to the Samsung US site and get them shipped to you. In which case you may as well find a US online retailer that will ship you the tablet as well - $600 is £370, add 20% VAT (£74) gives you £444.

3. Dazed and Confused

Not quite a Galaxy SII

Seems odd they've put a slower CPU into here than in the phone.

4. Cletus

Very poor management of roll out

I am seriously interested in buying one of these but cannot believe how poorly Samsung is managing the roll out. There is no pricing information available and no official source is taking pre-orders.

I want a 3G enabled model but do not know whether these will be available on the 4th August or whether it will just be the wifi models.

I feel that Samsung are almost driving me into Apple's clutches with their slipshod approach - the experiences of users who bought the previous Galaxy Tab regarding support and software updates is also a a concern.

Re: Lars's comment I think that the model available via Amazon is a grey import.

5. K. Adams

Lovely piece of kit, with serious drool-factor, except for one thing...

... No SDHC or microSDHC slot. :-(

Sleekest (in both looks and performance, from early reviews) Android tablet out there, tho.

6. Web genius
    Happy

mine is on the way :)

Ive just purchased one on Amazon, im very excited about it !!!

looking forward to trying it. Will feedback once i have a good play

http://www.reghardware.com/Design/graphics/icons/comment/happy_32.png

1. Brian Sturridge

hurry up

still not arrived yet...

come on, come on...

wonder how angry birds plays on there

lol

7. ThomasC

keep me posted

Looking forward to learning more about how the Galaxy tab performs. Just can't decide which tablet to go for. Any advice welcome. Cheers

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like