back to article Network Solutions battered by DDoS and period features

Network Solutions has been hit by a DDoS attack which has left customers complaining they are unable to access the domain giant's servers. Reg reader Chris told us: "Multiple worldnic.com DNS servers are currently unavailable. Recorded message on the Network Solutions helpline (+1 570 708 8788) is putting the blame on a DDoS …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Alister
    Coat

whatever next...

blame it on running DNS servers on x86 architrave?

Perhaps they're skirting the issue, and really aren't coping...

2. Shashi Bellamkonda
    Unhappy

Director Social Media and PR

Hi Joe,

I am responsible for the typo in the tweet you mentioned . I meant "ddos" instead of "dados" . Sorry about that. You gave me an opportunity to learn a new word.

Thanks for posting this and helping get the word out about the circumstances.

Thanks,

Shashi

1. Elmer Phud
      Coat

Could have been worse

'sorry. We are dealing with external factors. Your sites are up but dildos preventing ppl from reaching. Them'

Which could have been more accurate and to the point - 'We're fucked'

2. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
      Coat

Well, at least it's not glados.

Rat man hiding under the raised floor, last transmission, etc.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Devil

Sporadically down is OK, sporadically returning BS is NOT

My server logs show at least one or two instances when their servers have returned to someone NXDOMAIN on the address I have where DNS is still with them.

Not happy :(

I will definitely be moving it at some point.

4. nyelvmark
    Thumb Down

dados = ddos

I thought everyone reading Twitter was able to cope with the lack of capitalisation, optional and/or random punctuation, and multiple careless typos favoured by its denizens. If you can't, then you probably shouldn't be reading it.

I can't, so I don't.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Pint

Well

It's what's known as a "joke". You should try them, they're fun.

2. Dave Murray
      FAIL

Saddos

Not only do you freely admit to being one of these Twat people but you lack a sense of humour also.

Sad.

1. nyelvmark
        Happy

daer dave mrrey

im sorry i didnt raelize i lacked a sense of humur i will get riight on it and get 1 tday can you tell me the url plz

5. AndyB 1
    Unhappy

No Communication

I like how there is nothing on their website, you email domain support and it goes to another company who just read the email and dont respond. Ive managed to get most of our domains off the worldnic servers now

6. boguez
    WTF?

What A Joke

We were having sever/email problems from noon on. After changing several email accounts to IMAP, thinking POP3 was the problem, and still having problems I called. A support guy told me about the DDOS attack and said "by the way I see that your domain is up in Sept., would you like to renew now."lol Yeah know is the time to try to get us to renew, what a douche!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like