back to article 1000 day wait for Sarah Palin emails nearly over

After close to 1,000 days, the Alaska governor's office is finally set to release more than 24,000 pages of emails sent and received by former Gov. Sarah Palin during her first 21 months in office. The release will take place on Friday in Juneau and will comprise electronic messages sent and received by Palin and her husband …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Holmes

Meanwhile...

..Obama continues to hide these:

1 Un-faked certified copy of original birth certificate

2 Columbia University transcripts

3 Columbia thesis paper

4 Campaign donor analysis requested by 7 major watchdog groups

5 Harvard University transcripts

6 Illinois State Senate records

7 Illinois State Senate schedule

8 Law practice client list and billing records/summary

9 Locations and names of all half-siblings and step-mother

10 Medical records (only the one page summary released so far)

11 Occidental College Transcripts

12 Parent’s marriage Certificate

13 Record of baptism

14 Selective Service registration records (Did Obama Actually Register for Selective Service?

15 Schedules for trips outside of the United States before 2007

16 Passport records for all passports

17 Scholarly articles

18 SAT and LSAT test scores

19 Access to his grandmother in Kenya

20 List of all campaign workers that are lobbyists

21 Punahou grade school records

22 Noelani Kindergarten records are oddly missing from the the State of Hawaii Department of Education.

23 Page 11 of Stanley Ann Dunham's divorce decree.

1. hplasm
      WTF?

You missed out-

Bigfoot's Nest

Al-Quaeda's Post Office Box

Hitler's Swiss bank account Number.

-------

Troll or Teat?

Or both?

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Hidden???

... Or just no longer in posession of?

Looking down the list, where relevant I no longer have most of the above.

I have a passport, but no other records, I lost my university documentation and papers years ago, and as for kindergarten records and school records, are you having a laugh?

The only thing I do have is a yellowing handwritten birth certificate, that I can't make out if it is the carbon copy or not it's that old. No idea if it's possible to verify it's unfaked.

3. lglethal Silver badge
      FAIL

Oh my god!

Oh my god! Donald Trumps walked on to The Register forums!

Quick hide the litte 'uns!

4. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"..Obama continues to hide these:"

24 your tin-foil hat collection.

Do you expect anyone take anything you say seriously after reading No.1?

Birthers???

/facepalm

5. Paul 77
      IT Angle

@Meanwhile

1 Are you saying the published birth certificate is fake?

2 What do his educational records have to do with the price of eggs?

3 Why do you care about his step-mother and half-siblings?

10 Personally I wouldn't want all my medical records to be released to all and sundry... Why do you want them?

13 Does he have to baptised to be president?

1. Jacqui
        Happy

13 Does he have to baptised to be president?

In the USA, yes! Otherwise he is just a "heathen" and as we saw on Top Gear, heathens (and gays) are shot on sight by certain merkins.

6. Steven Knox
      Stop

Why...

do you feel you need to see all of these things? Have you required similar documentation from all other politicians?

At least the information requested of Palin is relevant to her service as a public official, and not part of some giant FUD-trawling campaign.

(Oh, and #1, which should be sufficient for those truly interested in Obama's eligibility, HAS been released.)

7. Me Meeson
      FAIL

Try something original

https://profiles.google.com/102413726716494078101/posts/NNL3ecsMKob

I hope you're a troll who got carried away, and not a complete dick like it seems...

8. Anonymous Coward
      Mushroom

that's quite enough of that tea party rubbish, thank you

now be a dear and put your tinfoil hat on and go and hide in your bunker

9. Anonymous Coward
      Devil

I don geddit

It is before my first coffee but frankly I don't geddit

1. Either you brain returns 418 error code to any queries

2. Or you are trying to be sarcastic.

I think 1 is more likely because the list you are requesting cannot be taken seriously even as a "sarcastic" jibe. 99% of it is private documents. 80% are documents which relate to the family of the "suspect" and have no relation to the "suspect". What are Barack brothers, sisters, dad, cousins, etc doing and have been doing is none of our frakking business at least until they decide to go into politics. If you want to find a fault with him, find one (he has a plenty).

Now what "Dubia Redux in a skirt" did in office however is another matter. In fact it should have been released fully and properly. IMO there is a lawsuit needed here somewhere because releasing email without headers in printed form means stripping key information and making it impossible to pinpoint if key emails have been deliberately withheld or omitted. IMO it was done on purpose.

Still, better late than never. Not that it will change the mind of the rednecks. They will vote for their favorite anyway. Dumb, dumber...

10. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

get a grip

Somehow I don't think you'd be able to read any of these from underneath that hooded sheet you're wearing.

11. foo_bar_baz
      Paris Hilton

ROFL

So your current president is an islamic puppet whose entire history from birth to present is faked, including all academic achievements and working life records.

The KGB and Martians must be green with envy. Well, perhaps Martians go another color when envious.

Paris because she's an "under cover" Soviet Martian agent.

12. disgruntled yank

Selective Service etc.

1. Now, really. I'm several years older than Obama. The week I turned 18, I went down to the local Selective Service office, got my card, and never ever heard from the Selective Service again. Nobody born after 1954, maybe 1953, has been drafted in the US.

2. Scholarly articles? Did the black helicopter boys seize all copies of the law reviews he worked for?

3. Illinois state legislature--FOIA is a four-letter acronym, not a four-letter word.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So it's all about shooting elk

yep, page after page about shooting the elk, bears, and any democrats that happen to cross her sights while out hunting....

Mamma Bear loves her democrat rugs on the floor of her new lodge in Arizona LOLOLOL

3. h4rm0ny

Wow!

So in the USA, can you get the emails of any politician, or just Sarah Palin?

1. Pet Peeve
      Thumb Up

If they're related to their office, yes

Ms. Palin used a non-government account to conduct state business "off-record". This release was a result of a demand that they be made public, as they would be if they were created using an official Alaska govt account. More of this needs to happen, like the past president's emails created on his RNC account to duck archival laws.

Releasing them on paper was a dick move, and pointless since they'll shortly be made electronic again.

4. JeffyPooh
    Stop

Well golly-shucks...

Sarah Palin.

She's Sandy the squirrel from SpongeBob Squarepants. Except lacking the intellectual capabilities of a cartoon squirrel.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Or staying within SBSP

...the intellectual capabilities of Patrick

5. Evil Auditor Silver badge

What a waste!

...of paper.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Just some ramblings of a fool...

..including some bits about how nice Russia looks from her porch.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Point of order!

1000 day wait? Who's waiting to read the semi-illiterate, semi-incompetent writings of a relative nobody.

Tina Fey is interesting, Sarah Palin, bless her, is not.

1. hplasm
      Thumb Up

I do take it-

That by 'bless her', you do mean- 'anoint her , on an altar, with her own blood'?

Anything less would be, em, churlish.

1. John Smith 19 Gold badge
        Happy

@hplasm

"That by 'bless her', you do mean- 'anoint her , on an altar, with her own blood'?

Anything less would be, em, churlish."

Isn't that only done with virgins?

But I do like the sentiment.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Research lexicographers are on standby

These emails will introduce more new words to the English language than any time since Shakespeare was in full flow with Romeo and Ethel the Pirate's Daughter. According to boffins we can expect novel grammars, undreamt of phraseologies and perhaps tenses entirely new to English such as the (until now hypothetical) past-future imperfect fifth person.

And that's in one email where she provides the definitive explanation of how Paul Revere's warning to the British allowed General Custer to defeat Lex Luther before the South could bomb Pearl Harbor in order to emancipate the Louisiana Purchase to Adolf Hitler.

1. John Smith 19 Gold badge

@Mike Richards

"And that's in one email where she provides the definitive explanation of how Paul Revere's warning to the British allowed General Custer to defeat Lex Luther before the South could bomb Pearl Harbor in order to emancipate the Louisiana Purchase to Adolf Hitler."

It's English Mike, but not as we know it.

9. Fehu
    Paris Hilton

apoloy

I feel compelled to apologize for big john. He obviously forgot the joke icon.

More than that I have to tell you that the tea party / ultra right wingnuts are a very small minority in America. But they are so damn loud and annoying you'd think there are billions of them. IMHO, the vast majority of Americans are pretty sick of them and their repuglican puppet masters. They take hypocrisy to new heights. They would sentence a poor man to death for shoplifting a cupcake, but feel completely justified in demanding that they pay no taxes for all the local/state/federal services that they consume. And they don't see it. I hope their god is patient. He's going to have a rough time explaining things to these dullards when they get to the real heaven.

Paris, cause if you aren't that bright, don't be fat and ugly, too.

10. The Nameless Mist
    Stop

back to the STONE AGE

And no I'm not talking about the policies of the politicians, I'm talking about Palin's insane need to distribute the records only in paper format. several thousand pages of paper.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/green-science/question16.htm

Gives about 80,000 pages of paper / tree

The dump of records is just over 24,000 pages. So every 3.333 copies eats a tree.

NOW THATS ENVIRONMENTALLY UNFRIENDLY.

1. Craigness
      Devil

Beastly

If she uses both sides then it's every 6.66 copies which eats a tree.

11. mhenriday
    Pint

The release of these email messages is a move of great consequence,

not so much politically as scientifically/mathematically, as it may help to shed light on that ancient controversy as to just how many monkeys would have to type for how long to reproduce Shakespeare's works (or a line thereof). I can't wait to see these exciting documents on line !...

Henri

12. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Joke

Looking forward to John McCaine's comments to her prospective son in law.

I'm sort of hoping they something along the lines of...

"So you're the little punk who knocked up my running mates daughter. I bet you're proud of yourself. Where I come from you'd be an RSO. Mommies no rocket scientist but that lil girl is close to retarded. S**t son weren't you ever told never go on without a raincoat on?"

Or was I the only person thinking of Sen. McClaine's somewhat *interesting* choice of running mate "He wants a trophy VP?"

13. kain preacher

@ac 08:49 GMT

"I think 1 is more likely because the list you are requesting cannot be taken seriously even as a "sarcastic" jibe. 99% of it is private documents"

Then you have not heard some of the more outlandish rhetoric. There are the birthers out there that will have you believe that he will hands us over to terrorist. That he is a commie bastard intend on destroying America.

It leaves you thinking do these folks have thumbs ? It's fueled by racism and hatred of democratics. If it's not then it's great mystery how these folks can wipe there own ass or figured out how to have sex.

14. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Unhappy

@kain preacher

"If it's not then it's great mystery how these folks can wipe there own ass or figured out how to have sex."

If only that were true.

The problem would correct itself in 1 generation.

15. kain preacher

@John Smith 19

That's why I said its a great mystery that the figured out how to have sex. Now far as the adults still being alive and able to breed, I blame modern science for that. Natural selection alone should of wiped them out thus correcting the problem in 1 or 2 generations

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like