back to article Apple cures iPad buyer's remorse

If you recently bought an iPad and you're feeling buyer's remorse after yesterday's introduction of the iPad 2, there's hope – and we've discovered that the amount of that hope varies depending upon where you live. As The Reg reported on Wednesday, Apple has dropped the prices of the original iPad line by $100 in the US and ₤ …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. AlexS
    Dead Vulture

OH COME ON REGISTER!!!

Is this an all time record? Hey let's have another article on the IPAD - ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :(

Is there any news that is NEW and INTERESTING any more? After 10 years or so or reading this website (I have greatly enjoyed) I think it's time to call it a day (sorry).

I know you won't miss me.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Go

Hum de

After 10 years of reading a tech website I think you should probably know that around the time of a product launch you are going to be reading many things about said product.

Feel free to try and find a site that neglects product launch info but retains a user base large enough to enable them to come up with quality articles on a daily basis.

I guess what I am trying to say is. "Seeya in a day or two".

2. Charlie Clark Silver badge
      Welcome

Eyeballs, eyeballs, eyeballs

While repetitive the stories are usually entertaining and I assume popular enough with those readers who can see ads that advertisers like them so it makes sense to write more.

I, for one, welcome our our tongue-in-I'd rather-not-say overlords. But I also can't wait for the first head-to-head reviews of Xoom versus iPant.

1. chr0m4t1c

I'd look away now

>But I also can't wait for the first head-to-head reviews of Xoom versus iPant.

Since you appear to have already made up your mind which is the better of these two products even though neither of them is shipping, I wouldn't bother reading any head to head reviews; I doubt you'll get the results you want.

I'm making the assumption that the reviews will end up like most "BMW vs anything" ones in motoring journalism - you already know who they will pick as the winner in 90% of cases.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Focus on the negative?

You mean the story only counts if it portrays Apple as greedy and controlling?

I think this is a useful story. Plenty of people have bought iPads, and there's no doubt many have made recent purchases. It's worth knowing that Apple provides this flexibility. Personally, the Apple Store has been like a dream compared to the rubbish I've put up with in other tech outlets.

2. J 37
    Pint

The only positive experience I had with Apple...

...was how easy it was to return boned products. After 2 smoked macbook pros in as many weeks and few minutes of arguing with apple geniuses, it was super easy to get my money back and blow a small bit of it at the pub afterwards.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Hang on...

You had to return apple products? I thought they just worked?

1. JCL

Don't you believe it

I had an iPod that "ran itself". It was like there was a poltergeist in there. It would write emails to my colleagues, start playing random videos/songs, delete emails as I was attempting to read them, insist on showing me parts of websites I didn't need to see, you name it. It definitely didn't like it when I tried to get involved. To say nothing of the apps that disappear as you are using them.

It's gone now, but, you know, I liked it enough to get it replaced, flaws and all. It was pretty easy when they saw how many times I'd rebooted it or restored it to factory settings.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Happy

my wifes milestone sends blank messages.

turned out it was my one year old daughter who not only "figured" out how to "slide to unlock" but also send messages.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

return to a different store?

It might be difficult to return the device to a different store than you bought it from.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Yes

Or it might not.

4. ratfox
    Thumb Up

Nice to see slack in the system

A friend of mine hadn't realized that after buying an Apple care package, he had to register it for his macBook Pro in order to get insured. Two years later, he brought the malfunctioning laptop with the still unopened Apple care package. He still had his laptop repaired for free, even though it should have been way too late.

5. Herby

Now if I could get $$$ back from Microsoft???

Fat chance I could return my UNWANTED windows software for a refund. No slack in THAT system. It would make some PC's pretty attractive to use Linux on. In my dreams, of course.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@my wifes milestone sends blank messages

Lots of phones will send blank/garbled messages or make random phone calls when sat on in the right position etc. Normally sends/calls to the name at the top of the contact list ... and as this is invariably alphabetcially sorted its a real pian if you (or your wife) is called Abigail as guess who gets all the random call/texts!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

aaaaaaa

I always add a contact called aaaa aaaaa, don't know how many times I 'rang' my wifes friend when I forgot to lock the phone before putting in it in my pocket, I think for a while she thought there was something going on

7. David Lucke

@ AlexS

Good grief. A few weeks worth of pointless rumour mill articles, and you pick the one with solid, reliable and, above all, *useful* information to have a whinge about.

8. SteveK

$=£ (and some letters and or/digits)

What is unusual but nice to see is that they are using the 1:1 $ to £ rate for the refund too. I was really expecting currency rates to kick in and in the UK the refund/price reduction to only be worth about £60.

1. dssf

vavvooom

A nice, whole number like 100 just impresses more than say 67.89 or 84.72...

9. dilzaaa
    Happy

Currys Refunding on Bought iPads too

I bought an ipad last week from Currys, and they are offering me a £110 refund for the 32GB WI-FI model. They said I had to hurry as the offer runs out today. A heads up to other people in the same position.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Halo

@Alexs

Nobody makes you click on them and read them, much less comment on them. So how's about stop being such a boring troll?

Good on Apple. Mind you, anyone who bought an iPad in the last few weeks has to be questioned when the world and it's dog knew a new one was about to be announced.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like