back to article Novell paints Red Hat Linux manager green

The quickest way to build a commercial Linux business is to clone whatever Red Hat does. That's what Oracle and CentOS do with their Enterprise Linux redistributions and accompanying paid-for support offerings, and it is now what Novell is doing with a "new" product called SUSE Manager. With SUSE Manager, announced today, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Sean Kennedy

Zenworks

To be fair, most windows admins don't want to touch zenworks either, so I think the problem with zenworks runs a bit deeper than a simple windows vs linux rivalry.

( RHCE/MCITP EA admin here )

2. fishman

CentOS

CentOS itself doesn't have any paid support plans for their RHEL based offering. There are some companies that offer support for CentOS.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Paid-for support

Maybe I misunderstand that sentence, but CentOS definitely has no paid-for support offering, nor does the CentOS project advocate or advertise for companies who might give such support. Reading just the first paragraph seems to comapre CentOS with Oracle's effort, which in deed includes a support contract.

4. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

Hatfield-McCoys?

"Linux and Windows platforms are like Hatfields and McCoys in the data center" [tfa]

Um.

"The Hatfield–McCoy feud (1878–1891) involved two warring families of the West Virginia–Kentucky backcountry along the Tug Fork, off the Big Sandy River." [wikipedia]

Right. I'm an American and I had nfc what that meant. I assumed this was a Star Trek vs. <new hot series the kids watch nowdays>.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like