back to article How Microsoft copied malware techniques to make Get Windows 10 the world's PC pest

Microsoft uses techniques similar to aggressive malware to promote its “Get Windows 10” offer. As many readers have discovered, the persistent and constantly changing methods Microsoft uses to continually reintroduce its “Get Windows 10” tool, or GWX, onto computers means it’s extremely difficult to avoid. Windows users who …

Page:

1. Craig100

Re: No sale

There's always these: https://www.thinkpenguin.com/catalog/desktop-computers-gnu-linux

1. crosshatchshirt

I registered just to post this.

The fact that MS supposedly referred to the notification area as the system tray makes me wonder who's been put in the font of the public. Who authorized that comment?

1. Anonymous Coward
  2. mswin10

I think if everyone goes Linux and or Mac computing will eventually cease to exist

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
      Headmaster

You seem to have serious trouble with the proper use of logical connectives (not to mention punctuation), so your opinion is probably not worth much, sorry.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

@mswin10 - a view like that shows so much ignorance of the industry I don't know where to start. Any potential employee who turns up at our door thinking that any one platform the be-all of computing is quickly shown the door.

1. Charles 9

What about EXISTING employees? Especially those ABOVE you?

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

"What about EXISTING employees? Especially those ABOVE you?"

Good point. Fortunately they share this view (this sort of thing usually works top down), hence my post above.

3. This post has been deleted by its author

Page:

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like