nav search
Data Centre Software Security DevOps Business Personal Tech Science Emergent Tech Bootnotes
BOFH
Lectures

back to article
'He must be stopped': Missouri candidate's children tell voters he's basically an asshat

Geoffrey W
Silver badge

Re: Nice joke but

Actually I do agree with you and generally try to avoid it. I suffered a lapse. Cynicism has it's place but sometimes it needs to be shoved in it's hole.

Joe Harrison
Silver badge

Can't believe this

The kids do <naughty thing> as kids do, father gets mad and yells "you're grounded and no pocket money", so kids hatch revenge plot with fake comments to rubbish off his election chances. Charming. How do we know this didn't happen?

Or maybe it didn't and maybe the guy actually is evil, still can't believe people are publicly calling for his head just on his kids say-so. Either way they can watch their inheritance going to the cats home.

Alister
Silver badge

Re: Can't believe this

so kids hatch revenge plot with fake comments to rubbish off his election chances

You seem to have missed the fact that the Republican party have disowned him because of his views - or perhaps you think he tried grounding them as well?

Geoffrey W
Silver badge

Re: Can't believe this

You don't need to just take his kids word for it; he publicly confirms their statement himself on his radio show for all the world to hear.

Pascal Monett
Silver badge
FAIL

"his comments had been taken out of context"

Buddy, there is no possible where saying "Hitler was right" can possibly be acceptable by anyone who is even halfway human.

deive

Re: "his comments had been taken out of context"

Indeed, even if you are extolling the virtues of vegetarianism, you still would not say that hitler was right. There is NO context where anyone should say it.

Bernard M. Orwell
Silver badge
Joke

Hitler was right... ...wing.

Hitler was right... handed.

TomG

Hitler was a monster, a truly evil person. I have heard that he made the trains run on time. So, I guess, to the people that wanted the trains to run on time, he was right.

jake
Silver badge

"I have heard that he made the trains run on time."

That was Mussolini. And it was bullshit. Following WWI, the Italian train system was, to put it mildly, a piece of shit. Broken shit. During the post-war half decade, things improved as Italy went about rebuilding. By the time Il Duece came into power in 1922, most of the hard work had been done, his crowd had nothing to do with it. But they took the credit for it anyway. Sound familiar?

And as a point of fact, folks that actually lived in Italy during that time frame reported that the trains never ran on time, on the rare occasion that they ran at all.

disgruntled yank
Silver badge

Suggestion

I've made this before: create a new section, The Domestic Manners of the Americans, and leave Bootnotes for stuff that will not inevitably produce long comments about the deplorability of Americans in general or those of the R and D variety.

Sixtysix
Unhappy

Godwin's Law

It's not often that Godwin's Law shows up so obviously and repeatedly amongst comentards... but dear goodness! Today must be "special".

Can we stop? Please?

Alister
Silver badge

Re: Godwin's Law

It's not often that Godwin's Law shows up so obviously and repeatedly amongst comentards... but dear goodness! Today must be "special".

Did you actually read the article?

Given that Mr West (the subject of the article) is alleged to have said that "Hitler was right" I think it's a bit difficult to avoid, don't you?

jake
Silver badge

Re: Godwin's Law

Do you even know what Godwin's Law is? For your education, here it is in it's entirety: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1". That's it.

Godwin himself further wrote "its purpose has always been rhetorical and pedagogical: I wanted folks who glibly compared someone else to Hitler to think a bit harder about the Holocaust."

Nowhere does it suggest never mentioning Hitler. On the contrary, in fact. All it suggests is that you think before posting. Windmill jousting, I know, but it's long been a hope.

deive

Modern take on that poem

At 17 Shannon is pregnant

As young as her mom when she had her

Her kid is never gonna have a dad

The same old way that Shannon never had

What comes around well it goes around

Nothing changes cause it's all the same

The world you get's the one you give away

It all just happens again

Way down the line

And all the things you learn when you're a kid

You'll fuck up just like your parents did

It all just happens again

Way down the line

-- The Offspring

...and where is my coat??

TomG

Re: Modern take on that poem

Frequently right, but not inevitable.

boidsonly

Nice hit piece. And the tech angle is?....

jake
Silver badge

Hard of reading, boidsonly?

Michael Habel
Silver badge
Mushroom

IIT

Salty remoaners being salty

Mooseman
Bronze badge

Re: IIT

Idiot comment of the day. Well done.

Glenturret Single Malt

Steve West post script

Did not get elected. His opponent got about twice as many votes as he did.

Page:

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

The Register - Independent news and views for the tech community. Part of Situation Publishing