back to article Big Tech slams Trump on plan to deport kids

More than 300 business leaders including the CEOs of Apple, Amazon, Facebook and Google have signed a letter slamming Donald Trump for his plan to remove legal protections from immigrant children born in the United States. "As entrepreneurs and business leaders, we are concerned about new developments in immigration policy …

Page:

1. Probie

The bi partisan diatribe

You know I have heard this argument in the UK in the USA and likely it will be rehashed in every county under gods yellow ball of fusion.

"People are abusing our charity" - seems to be what it boils down too. Well here's the answer, you (yes you Mr/Mrs/Ms bi-partisan commentator) stand in front of the effected and deliver the god damn message. It takes some conviction to do that, with fear, panic, loathing and downright horror coming out every single facial expression back to you.

If you can do that, at least you have the courage of your own thoughts and convictions (however miss guided they may be). Then look inside your soul and see if you are a better person, have you lived up to your ideals?

Then you have a right to put a life changing view forward, but until then, until you are prepared to step of the cliff of rhetoric to the land of action (AKA wearing the big boy pants), think long an hard, because it is far to easy to do it from the comfort of a arm chair.

2. ADRM
    WTF?

Emigrated to USA 18 years ago on 6 Th September

I understand people who want to live in the USA. I came here from England 18 years ago to marry my love. It cost me several hundred pounds with interviews in the US embassy and a medical test at a doctors office in London. Then I flew over here. More interviews and more costs to prove I deserved a green card which lasts ten years, renewal costs $800+ for a further 10 years and also much more money for citizenship. I went through the legal channels and it pisses me off when people just skirt the system. Why did I bother? I could have just come over for a vacation and stayed? No I did it the legal way and don't have to worry about being rounded up and deported.

Page:

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like