back to article Security robot falls into pond after failing to spot stairs or water

A security robot tasked with patrolling an office building in Washington DC has instead driven itself into a water feature. The bot appears to have been a Knightscope K5, a surveillance bot designed to roll around “parking lots, corporate campuses and hospitals” so it can use its video cameras, anomaly detection, live video …

Page:

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Think on...

The catch is that Gandhi only "won" because another minor incident - WW2 - had destroyed Britain's abilities to hold on to its empire. And his "victory" resulted in Partition, a dreadful civil war still rumbling on in Kashmir, a second civil war in Bangladesh, and two nuclear armed states in a faceoff.

Gandhi is not somebody I would willingly cite when it comes to the benefits of pacifism, or indeed on any political subject.

1. Aladdin Sane

Fracking toasters

Anybody else think the top LED slot looks Cylonesque?

2. Richard Scratcher
    Terminator

Stupid robot...

...thinks it can walk on water. Who the hell programmed this thing? I mean, Jesus!

3. anoco

What if the bot was hacked

and the company is hiding it?

4. Phukov Andigh Bronze badge

we have those in a mall around here

watching them take 30 seconds or more to "recalculate" when a bunch of kids run by them, was disappointing.

It also failed to react to a Sonic Screwdriver toy, nor to standing behind it playing "EXTERMINATE!" from a sound effect file on my phone. I even offered it a jelly baby.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Awwhh

I can't be the only one who feels a bit sorry for him, lying there, half bouyant??

Page:

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like