back to article UK Home Office warns tech staff not to tweet negative Donald Trump posts

The UK Home Office is warning staff and contractors not to tweet or retweet negative posts about Donald Trump, in an email about its social media guidance seen by The Register. In a missive to the department's Digital, Data and Technology unit last week, it told staff "a quick look through just a couple of known personal …

Page:

1. Lotaresco

There are of course simple options

Like not using your real ID on social media and being careful to not provide information that links to you in real life. There's also the ultimate failsafe which is to make sure that you never set foot in the People's Republic of Trumpistan. I mean why would you? The place is awful and they grab every last bit of your personal data that they can when you enter the country.

Learn a European language and absorb a culture that doesn't need treating with heavy-duty antibiotics.

2. adam payne

A personal account is just that personal. As a person I am allowed to comment on things but I certainly wouldn't put company details in my profile.

3. jblob

comments missing the point

Lots of comments missing the damn point.

This is news because (1) they're trying to stop people's free speech in their own personal time, on their own personal accounts, using their own smartphones .. and (2) going out of their way to defend Trump.

4. jzl

I don't work for the Home Office

Donald Trump is a total and utter goat fucker.

5. PaulFrederick

Finally Trump is getting some respect, someplace. Now if only he could get some in the US.

6. SeanC4S

Trumpty Dumpty and Cruella De Vil. I guess the situation is partially defined by impetuous childish behavior.

7. A Dark Germ

Donald Duck

Donald Duck is a joke, why can we not just all say it.

You would not want him with your child.

Page:

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like