back to article RIP Sir Terry Pratchett: Discworld author finally gets to meet DEATH

Sir Terry Pratchett, author of more than 70 books including the hugely popular Discworld series, has died at his home in the company of his family and cat. He was 66. Terry took Death’s arm and followed him through the doors and on to the black desert under the endless night. — Rhianna Pratchett (@rhipratchett) March 12, 2015 …

Page:

1. Trollslayer

Delightfully logical

The only way I can describe his books.

He knew how to think with the safety off.

2. TitterYeNot

Aw Buggrit...

First Iain Banks, now Sir Terry. Buggrit again. Creators of magical universes both.

Condolances to family and friends. I wish I could repay even a small portion of the laughs, smiles and outright guffaws that Terry has given to me and many, many others over the years...

3. Sarah Balfour
    Mushroom

No grief here…

…just searing, octarine anger. I'm not going to lie, because I can't lie, I'm SEETHING. I'm SO FUCKING LIVID, there really are no words.

4. Nunyabiznes

Being late

I am one of the unfortunates that never had the chance to meet this rare soul. I also came to know his writing rather late, about 2005 iirc. I'm not sure if that makes me luckier because I have several of his writings unread and waiting for me to devour or star-crossed because I didn't get to enjoy them as they came out. His writing is so far beyond most of the scribbles that get published it is hard to fathom.

RIP Sir Terry.

Hopefully you fully realized how much you gave to us and how much we appreciated it.

5. Red Bren
    Unhappy

Just spoken to Mrs Cake

Terry says "I'm very happy here, and waiting for you to join me."

6. DasWezel
    Pint

For is it not written

... When you have got to go, you have got to go?

Here's raising one to you, pterry. RIP

7. Cynical1

Anyone for a Banana Daquiri?

He burned so very bright.

I'm glad he was at home.

RIP

1. veti Silver badge

Re: Anyone for a Banana Daquiri?

You mean bananana. I'll be happy to get you one.

You haven't seen my stepladder, have you?

8. Ethangar

Truely sad

Every one in my family has gone through my 60 odd Pratchett books. I have about 20 of them on audio book to and were always the first choice on long drives with the family. We will miss you Sir Terry.

9. theastrodragon

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, said Death. JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."

Am I the only one to worry the LHC restarts in two weeks?

I'm sure its a co-incidence.

Just as long as it isn't a million-to-one coincidence...

10. BenR

First Spock...

... and now Pterry.

2015 can just pack it the fuck in, or just fuck the fuck off.

11. Efros

De Chelonian Mobile!

12. Neoc

My first Pratchett book was "Mort". How fitting that my first glimpse of him reflects my last.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I met Sir Terry way back at Warwick University on his Men-at-Arms book tour. He stayed so late signing books and chatting that he missed the last train, and crashed over in our student dorms. his reason? "Every time I sign my name I get a pound," he said. "How long would you sign your name for?" (He did have a little ice bucket thing for his wrist.) We miss you, Sir Terry.

14. Sanlorenzo

Not Death.....

Whilst it is sadly undeniable that Sir T has indeed met Death, I feel sure that he will probably spend most of his time with Susan, except of course when he visits the Klatchian Foreign Legion.

Page:

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon