back to article 10 Types of IT managers from hell

Your boss could well be a barely restrained psychopath. Indeed, it is probable that he is the living incarnation of Cthulhu himself. Or he may be a bumbling incompetent who'll sink your career along with his. You, the downtrodden techie, need to learn how to deal with him - and fast. First, stop thinking of him as a person …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Potemkine Silver badge
    Trollface

"I liked VB6"

... and then all credibility vanishes

1. codejunky Silver badge

Re: "I liked VB6"

@ Potemkine

"... and then all credibility vanishes"

I never quite understood this commonly held view. Obviously you could do things quick and easy in VB with a lot less code but it really seemed to take a beating for being good. You could get as deep into it as you wanted and produce working software with fewer bugs pretty quickly. I say that without knocking other languages, they all have their strong points and their downfalls.

Also VB was event driven. As far as I know VB was the only truely event driven programming language out at the time, a concept being emulated for other languages. A whole raft of emulation or coding was already done for the programmer. The rich set of features saved hours of coding and testing for many. Yet still people dislike VB.

As I said I never understood the problem.

2. Dominic Connor, Quant Headhunter

Re: "I liked VB6"

If you think that being a City Headhunter could have any less credibility in the comparison of languages you are sadly mistaken.

2. Dominic Connor, Quant Headhunter

An apology from the writer of this article

This damned article hit 4,500 words, far more than it was supposed to be and had to be viciously chopped to fit, so several types of AntiManager were missed out, but I'm sure some of you can add to my list.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like