back to article BBC releases MYSTERY RIDDLE poster for Doctor Who anniversary episode

The BBC has released a teaser image for the Doctor Who 50th anniversary special, which will be a feature-length episode called The Day of the Doctor. Doctor Who 50th Anniversary episode poster. Credit: BBC (click to enlarge) The pic is full of clues about the episode, showing two damaged Daleks, the Tenth, Eleventh and "X" …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. jonathan keith

Doctor X

So is John Hurt going to build a creature whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh?

2. Kris Akabusi

How about....

the doctor appears and is immediately arrested because someone has accused him of molesting them back in the 70's. The doctor is locked up under operation Yewtree, with guest appearences from Rolf Harris and whoever else I can't be arsed to lookup.

3. BenM 29 Silver badge
    Coat

Hmm if they are bringing back Rose, how about bringing back Perri? I am sure there are more than a few fans who would like to see her again... though Google images does a good job of refreshing the memories.

Mine's the scruffy mac... with the newspaper in the pocket.

1. admiraljkb

@BenM 29 - I upticked you just for getting her back onscreen. However - one slight problem - Peri died during Trial of a Time Lord. (yeah they re-wrote it to magically bring her back at the very end in the weirdest way possible by marrying a barbarian king, but she didn't really make it. The Doctor was complicit in her death, which had to be undone)

1. Charles 9

Correct. Rose was left alive in Pete's World along with the cloned Ten (which I'm sure most are figuring is what David Tennant will be reprising for the special). Given the clone's circumstances, this would also allow for Tennant not to have to look younger for the special, either (since the cloned Ten was more human than Time Lord and therefore aged).

4. Black Rat

Spins the Plot-o-matic wheel...

If ... Davros was a failed genetic experiment to clone our favourite time-lord it could could fit the Whovian lore.

5. M Gale

For some reason, I'm looking at that poster and thinking of the original Mercenaries game.

6. Naughtyhorse

So long as his real nemesis stays away

By which i mean whiney redhead assistants with less talent that a taliban grab a granny night.

2wice I have walked away from the Dr. and both times due to a ginger assistant.

The stuff where no one has the balls to fundamentally change the Dr universe is merely irritating <how many times have the daleks et al been finally destroyed for once and for all... til next season>, but langford and tate are Dr Who's true craptonite.

kill them

kill them dead

then kill them again

1. Richard Wharram

Re: So long as his real nemesis stays away

I think you are confusing Mel the assistant with the garish 80s wardrobe she was given. She was actually a well-rounded character who did a great job in the 6th doctor era, although the first season of the 7th she was hampered by terrible scripts.

7. Andus McCoatover
    Windows

Dr. Who has definitely gone downhill.

Can't remember the last time I had to hide behind the sofah.....

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ee, when I were't lad

First memory of Dr Who when I was 3 or 4, sometime around the mid 60's, was of an episode set in a ruined city and that involved giant wasps and either field guns or anti aircraft guns. I've no doubt the effects were probably pretty atrocious, but it scared the daylights out of me at the time, as did the Wyren a few years later with my sisters.

They have to work a bit harder to induce 'the sofa effect' these days.

1. Phil O'Sophical Silver badge

Re: Ee, when I were't lad

giant wasps

The Zarbi. Definitely hide-behind-the-sofa baddies, as were the Cybermen. I've never understood why anyone found the Daleks scary, though. Boltcutter through the raygun & then tip them over, they're about as scary as an upside-down tortoise, even with a sink plunger attached.

2. The Indomitable Gall
      Headmaster

Re: Ee, when I were't lad

T' Lad, was he a Yorkshire Timelord? Cos "when I were the lad" wouldn't make any sense. "A lad" yes, "the lad," no.

9. Jon Smit

Please remember

Dr Who is a kids programme. My 8 year old granddaughter loves it and has never once complained about the plot.

And no - she doesn't watch it from behind the settee.

10. Inventor of the Marmite Laser Silver badge

Only one 'merican SciFi programme was anywhere near good

and that was Third Rock - and I bet even that had some sizeable input from a brit or two

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.