back to article Top Facebook exec begs students: 'Click on an ad or two'

Now that Facebook is being scrutinised by its new-found shareholders, it really needs people to start clicking on its ads. That's a fact shamelessly highlighted by Mark Zuckerberg's right-hand woman, chief operating officer Sheryl Sandberg, who was speaking to business students at Harvard University this morning. According to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Lallabalalla
    FAIL

Click on ads?

he can Zuck Off

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I block ads so sorry my dear, I won't even see them let alone be able to click on them!

3. Armando 123
    Devil

Personally

I just mark all ads as sexually explicit. Imagine the marketing dweebs for Baby Gap seeing a bunch of those, consider the ensuing chaos, and tell me that doesn't bring a smile to your face.

4. James Boag
    Thumb Up

Am With Armando 123

I've been marking all their ads as sexually explicit unless they are remotely sexually explicit, then i mark em uninteresting make me laugh every time

5. h3

This is advocating click fraud

I thought asking people to click ad's was one of the great no-no s of web advertising.

(Along with clicking your own ad's).

She is basically advocating defrauding the people paying for advertising.

It is click fraud I think.

The only ad worth clicking is the one for the 55 gallon drum of personal lubricant.

(The comments are hilarious on Amazon (US))

(I hate ad's probably more than 99% of the population but I don't agree with Facebook doing this).

6. pear

FB adverts are s**te anyway

They suggested that I "like" the Conservative party.

Phools.

Mostly I don't even notice them and use the desktop site less and less.

7. Nehmo
    WTF?

A Amateurish Request

Asking users to click on ads is something low-level sites do in desperation. But people click because the ads interest them - not because they are charitable. It's FB's job to make the ads something people *want* to click upon. And, apparently, the software that decides which ads to serve isn't doing a good job.

The onus is on FB - not it's users.

`~- Nehmo

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like