back to article TV Licensing admits: We directed 25,000 people to send their bank details in the clear

The UK's TV Licensing agency has admitted that 25,000 viewers were induced into sending their bank details over an insecure connection. tv television cable cableco entertainment netflix hbo HTTPS crypto-shame: TV Licensing website pulled offline READ MORE The organisation ran transactional pages for bank debits through an …

Page:

1. irrelevant

Impossible

Going back a few years now, but I started getting the threatening letters at a PO box I was tenting at the time! I'm not sure how they thought I'd get a TV into the pigeonhole, back of the desk at the local showing office!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Impossible

Never mind the TV, how did you get a tent into it?

2. FlippingGerman

Dreadful lying people

They once actually sent someone round to my parents. He walked past my father in the garden and dropped a "we missed you" note through the open door. Bastard.

I cannot fathom how the sending of letters as nasty and threatening as they do (and sometimes even containing flat-out lies) is legal - if I were to do it, I would rightly be classed and punished for harassment.

3. Handlebars

hopeless

Years ago i used to get letters demanding i get a licence, addressed to the same name and address as printed on my licence.

More recently I got a letter saying my licence was about to expire, which was odd as I cancelled the licence and direct debit ages ago as I no longer needed it.

4. apb12

Scam Emails

A few days after giving TV Licensing my details, I've now had three different scam emails. Tried to make them aware their systems have been hacked and the criminals have got hold of my email address, but just standard response saying to delete the phishing email, it's nothing to do with them. Who do I contact next?

5. Aethalides
    Trollface

Capita-l punishment

Off with their heads!

Page:

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like