back to article Butt plugs, mock cocks, late pay and paranoia: The world of Waymo star Anthony Levandowski… by his kids' nanny

The engineer at the center of a massive self-driving car lawsuit – brought by Google-stablemate Waymo against Uber – neglects his kids, is wildly disorganized, and has a large selection of bondage gear, his former nanny has sensationally alleged. Anthony Levandowski may also be paying a Tesla techie for trade secrets, may have …

Page:

1. John Sanders
    Holmes

>>> and at one point a full inventory of 24 sex toys and associated paraphernalia that she allegedly discovered in his bedroom.

And this is a problem? why? The man is into kink, so?

Also 24 sex toys is not that many, does it include restraints?

1. Unicornpiss
      Happy

Don't those things always come in pairs?

"Also 24 sex toys is not that many, does it include restraints?"

When counting nipple clamps, do you count them individually, or as a set?

1. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge
        Happy

Re: Don't those things always come in pairs?

When counting nipple clamps, do you count them individually, or as a set?

Why? How many nipples have ye got?

Just asking for a friend. Major Thou-Shalt-Not-Commit-Adultery Pulsifer, as happens. Can you tell I was listening to Good Omens on the iPlayer last night?

2. Potemkine! Silver badge

And this is a problem? why? The man is into kink, so?

What would be more worrying would be his inability to protect his children from having to deal with his

sexual behavior.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sue the nanny $6m for neglect

From the article:

"That late afternoon, when Levandowski was away, Wong was in the kitchen for a period of time, the children were in Levandowski’s bedroom. Half an hour later, she walked back to Levandowski’s bedroom, Wong found his dresser drawer open and items on the floor, taken out by the children."

Why did THE NANNY leave the kids unaccompanied in the parents bedroom for 1/2 hr?

Particularly if that was not the first time inappropriate contents had been found there, as asserted?

This whole thing seems utterly bizarre, and the motives of the nanny in this seem extremely questionable.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Any mention of a wife anywhere

or does he live alone with his kids?

4. Warm Braw

Rich Bender and Randy

Are these the names of the toys?

5. Paul Smith
    IT Angle

Why?

Is there any particular reason that El Reg thought it important, or even relevant to post these details?

Now had it been a blue-toothed butt-plug...

6. Unicornpiss
    Meh

More shaming to the nanny

It sounds like what we have here is a clash of personalities and an opportunistic gold digger (Wong) trying to make the 'most' of a situation.

Who truly cares in this day and age if someone has a box of dildoes under the bed? And I would consider with the amount of stress Levandowski was going through at the time, that some absentmindedness in being on time could be forgiven.

While embarrassing to Levandowski, who is no saint himself no doubt, as pretty much none of us are, I would have to say Wong should be utterly ashamed of herself for betraying the trust given her. People like Wong are scum of the Earth. Hopefully she never manages to con anyone into trusting her again.

7. chivo243 Silver badge

Where is the Mom\Mrs?

Didn't catch that in the article?

8. Triumphantape

Sounds more like a spy than a nanny.

1. Maelstorm Bronze badge

"Sounds more like a spy than a nanny."

She's a Google plant.

9. Bucky 2

Sometimes a tort is not just a cake

It will cost him $100,000 to start if he wants to defend against the lawsuit. A huge laundry list like this, call it $200,000.

And a jury can find him partially guilty. Say they find him 95% innocent. That's $300,000 on top of everything else.

So in the above scenario, he's $500,000 out of pocket. For a lawsuit which the newspapers would report as a win.

10. Stevie

Bah!

"Quite why Wong decided she needed to make a full list of it all is never made clear."

I imagine it was for the same reasons the Register had for printing said list.

1. lglethal Silver badge

Re: Bah!

Comedy value?

11. TrumpSlurp the Troll
    Trollface

I always thought a ball gag

Was a smutty joke.

Every day is an education.

1. TrumpSlurp the Troll
      Trollface

Re: I always thought a ball gag

Oh, and I always thought a butt plug was a selfie by Kim Kardashian.

1. chivo243 Silver badge
        Paris Hilton

@TrumpSlurp the Troll

+1 is not enough!

Baby's got back is an understatement!

Cue Sir Mix a Lot!

Paris is a close as icons here at El Reg get to KK

2. TrumpSlurp the Troll

Oh, and I thought Dill Dough was for herby bread - until I discovered Smirnoff.

12. Alistair
    Windows

all things considered

this is all just too wong fu?

I'm going to note that I've no idea how old the "children" in question are, and I'm not about to judge someone on how they do who they do, (allowing for consent/age things). But this sounds like a "Oh fuck this, I might as well get mine while the getting is good" action.

Given the stew Levandowski's been simmering in, I do have to question his ethics, but I certainly don't have to question the ethics of the nanny, I *know* what they are.

13. Slight Pause

I suspect Google have put her up to this just to embarrass and humiliate him.

14. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Unhappy

OMG. I wrote APD when I was thinking ASD

I was thinking "Autistic Spectrum Disorder" when I wrote "Antisocial Personality Disorder"

IOW, a bit Aspers, not a bit psycho.

Although judging by the upvotes quite a few think "Yes actually she does sound a bit psychotic" as well.

1. Allan George Dyer
      Coat

Re: OMG. I wrote APD when I was thinking ASD

APD - Anti Personnel Device? Liable to explode and maim people... could fit.

15. Phukov Andigh Bronze badge

wow!

Stop the presses! we've got a real CSI level Investigator Nanny right here. Specializes in fetish psychology, finance, pediatric medicine, and RF hardware expert!

Get rid of that Mueller guy, defund the FBI, Agent Nanny is on the case!

16. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

FFS, it's 2018, do people still think S&M is funny?

People need to grow up a bit.

In terms of a court case where minors are involved, then yes this needs to be exposed and discussed to understand if minors have suffered emotional distress in the course of any accidental or deliberate discoveries. My mum used to work as a legal secretary and they'd get at least one case a month where she'd have to catalogue activities and "equipment" from failed marriages breaking down.

As adults is S&M play really that funny these days? It's usually found funny by people who've never had the intense pleasure of enjoying it and think people who do are oddbals. Spankings, beatings, light S&M with ropes and ties, toys and such really are nothing these days. My wife and I are on Lovehoney at least once a month buying a few odds and ends. Being able to give yourself freely to your partner is the ultimate in trust and strengthens a relationship with the most incredible bonds. I love my wife more than I ever have in my life, all since we started to explore our limits.

My advice is stop smirking and start enjoying before you're too old and can't!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: FFS, it's 2018, do people still think S&M is funny?

Says the Anonymous Coward.

17. Maelstorm Bronze badge

What the hell?

I've read some crazy stories, but how does filing a legal action about various sizes of fake pricks benefit society? ...Other than showing that he has to warm up to being a huge asshole so he can take that size 14 boot where the sun doesn't shine... Perhaps he is trying to compensate for something.

Seriously, this is funny as all hell. License plates? Times and dates? This became an obsession for the nanny.

18. Salestard
    Stop

Clearly she's in the wrong career

Can recall times, events, part numbers/colours, entire conversations including names of people she's never met, licence plates, and numerous other tiny details - rather think that level of memory would be gainfully employed in some kind of security or espionage role.

Or

She was taking notes from day 1 with the intention of suing the snot out of him. In which case, perhaps greater rewards available operating in sleb circles, rather than silicon valley

19. dnicholas

Can't get the help these days... Sigh

Page:

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like