nav search
Data Centre Software Security DevOps Business Personal Tech Science Emergent Tech Bootnotes
BOFH
Lectures

back to article
Stack Overflow + Salary Calculator = your worth

Help us improve the calculator

"Confidentially share your salary with us, and we'll use it to improve the model.

Your salary is private. It will not be shown on your profile or shared with recruiters."

Equifax...

Anonymous Coward

Well..

Considering my crushing disappointment and unrewarding day to day job experience with old language which I do like, in a company with its soul ripped out, in the area I'm in I'm quite fortunate with my salary. Of course the results look inflated no one would pay that in the north England. Programming Sucks ™

Unrealistic. Of course.

What are your motivations for doing Dev. If it's money then I would venture to suggest youre in the wrong job.

If it's to work on interesting problems with the people who think like you and make it fun. Then rock on youre in my team (My corporate will burn you but I still want to work with you).

Angel

What will I get with BBC Basic, COBOL, PASCAL and C++ ?

Showing my age now. Moved on from programming and having to keep up with all the newest trendy laguages to project management. Nothing ever changes....er apart from actually changing things.

Silver badge
Boffin

All we need to know

Do you use tabs or spaces?

Silver badge

What about...

Mainframe (IBM S/390) Assembler???

RPG/II/III/IV??

Fortan - haven't used it in more years than I care to remember... (first language I learnt)

More other obscure languages than I care to count...

Silver badge

Silge said the Salary Calculator covers five different countries – Canada, France, Germany, the UK, and the US

Would have been nice to know that before providing the link.

Page:

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

The Register - Independent news and views for the tech community. Part of Situation Publishing