back to article Microsoft fixing Windows 10 'stuttering' bugs in Creators Update

Microsoft says it is working to address a bug that had caused some Windows 10 applications to experience momentary "stuttering" performance problems. The flaws, reported to Microsoft by gamers who had installed the Creators Update, resulted in games stuttering and momentarily dropping frame rates. After months of waiting for a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Roland6 Silver badge
      Happy

Re: You do realise that all that telemetry takes CPU cycles.

Telemetry - the Microsoft slug!

@AC - Are you sure you posted your comment on the right article, as it would seem appropriate addition to this thread: https://forums.theregister.co.uk/forum/containing/3286314

1. PaulR79

Disabled update service before "Creator's Update"

Knowing that MS decided their product could do no wrong I disabled the update service after I installed 10. I'd enable it monthly to update before switching it off again. I managed to avoid the massive cock-up that was the endless boot loop doing this and felt it justified my choice. When I heard about the junk being pushed and privacy being torn out in the Anniversary Update I disabled it before it was pushed out.

As of today I still haven't enabled it again and while I worry about bugs and unpatched exploits I feel less worried about those than MS and their updates. Congratulations MS! You've made it so even people with legitimate versions of your software don't want to update it.

I yearn for the day that a viable alternative to play games on becomes available. Linux is not viable, I don't want to spend as much time configuring the game as I do playing it. I have nothing against Linux but it is not a substitute for Windows when it comes games. It's come a long way but it still isn't going to cut it for me.

1. TheVogon

Re: Disabled update service before "Creator's Update"

"As of today I still haven't enabled it again and while I worry about bugs and unpatched exploits"

I would recommend that you at least download the Windows 10 media creation tool and complete an in-place upgrade to the latest major release. They have fixed lots of bugs, performance issues and glitches since RTM.

2. LeahroyNake

WAAS

'The Fall Creators Update is being seen as a key release for Microsoft as it tries to sell PC users on its Windows as a Service approach both in the home and enterprise markets.'

Most users didn't sign up for Windows As A Service / v10. It was forced on a lot of people that could not avoid it. To sell something as a service, Adobe Cloud, Office 365 etc you meet to make the user pay a monthly / quarterly / annual fee.

The big question is when does it start and how much do they think they can get away with ?

1. TheVogon

Re: WAAS

"The big question is when does it start and how much do they think they can get away with ?"

Well it likely won't start without buying a new device in the future if and when they decide to launch such an option. Windows 10 is supported for "the life" of the device it's installed on.

I suspect you will in future get say Windows Basic free and can then choose to rent OR once off fee upgrade the Windows version IF you need / want to for more advanced features. I would also expect to see the Windows upgrade rental included "free" with an Office 365 sub, etc....

3. FozzyBear
    Devil

So Windows 10 is still F.F.F.F.F. ucked then.

4. David Gosnell

Edge

How about they work on the known insta-crash bug in Edge? Especially since they're now touting a version of the operating system essentially locked down to using it.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like