back to article NASA nixes Trump's moonshot plan

NASA will miss its deadline for the first flight of the Orion capsule and the Space Launch System, with the launch moved from 2018 to 2019. The agency's Bill Gerstenmaier also told media in a briefing last Friday that as well as delaying the first flight (designated Exploration Mission One, EM-1), the EM-2 mission that will …

Page:

1. Stevie

Re: "in some Peter Sellars-esque dream universe the Norks) sent a team around the Moon"

Well, given the reported fact that he never needs to go to the toilet, FBK (Space Kiddet ) would solve one massive problem with space flight as practiced today.

1. Carpet Deal 'em
    Trollface

Let's thhink of the second mission

He should really be forward thinking and harassing them about getting that second mission moved up to, say, mid 2020. Then it'd clearly be celebrating the 52nd anniversary of Apollo 7 a few months early, not a political stunt or anything.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Well Played NASA

Given the odds of Trump being impeached have just been slashed again I'd like to hope this is a holding ploy to make sure it's not Trump's achievement.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Well Played NASA

How do you figure the odds have been slashed? The odds went way up the past week, entirely due to his own actions and statements!

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

I'm guessing you've either never understood the way bookmakers talk or you're a diehard Trumptard?

https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/252963/what-does-slash-the-odds-of-something-mean

1. IT Poser

The odds of the current president being impeached have changed because more people are betting that he will. Bookies don't really care who wins or loses as long as people are betting both sides in equal amounts.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

YES YES YES AMERICA YES HES

TRUMP will get America back on THE MOON. HE will make THE MOON the 53RD STATE OF AMERICA. He will SPRAY THE SEED of AMERICA into SPACE and SHOOT HIS MIGHTY LOAD OVER the backs of his OPPONENTS. Once Moore NASA stands for NOW AMERICAN SPACE ALWAYS!!!

1. Mark 85

Re: YES YES YES AMERICA YES HES

WTF? I hope that's satire.

1. John Smith 19 Gold badge

"WTF? I hope that's satire."

Couldn't be anything else.

1. DocJames

Re: "WTF? I hope that's satire."

Sadly I beg to differ, having occasionally ventured into the badlands of the internet.

In this case I think it's satire.

4. duhmb

Why do we even care about NASA and the SLS

Elon, hallowed be his name, grew weary of USA and NASA's continual do nothing a while ago. Once he gets his dragon operating "anyone" will be able to go to the Moon, and hopefully Mars. It'll simply be a matter of stumping up the cash (and I hear he's already selling tickets to the Moon).

Upvote for Werner Von Braun's build em in space, its the way, however that would take Elon & Jeff co-operating and I cant see it happening.

5. Phukov Andigh Bronze badge

just gotta wait

till some stoned British tech whiz's develop wormhole gates and are sitting there laughing when the first mars landing occurs.

Apologies to Peter F Hamilton :)

1. duhmb

Re: just gotta wait

Snicker... Yup, that's about where British science will be post brexit... Weren't they In a basement from memory?

Page:

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like