back to article Disney plotting 15 more years of Star Wars

Disney CEO Bob Iger has told a conference that the company is contemplating “what could be another decade and a half of Star Wars stories. Iger dropped that tantaliser at the SCALE: The Future of Tech and Entertainment event in Los Angeles on Thursday. Iger's talk was witnessed and chronicled by entertainment industry bible …

Page:

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: SPOILER ALERT

maybe some extra content to give us some "treats" on how Tarkin got so high up

If you haven't read it, Tarkin [the novel] is presented as flashbacks, but could make a good movie.

Maybe they can figure out how to digitally de-age the late Peter Cushing, that would be cool.

2. Pedigree-Pete
      Happy

Millennium Falcon

I have a friend who built one from one of those 2 year monthly subscription mags. Does the Haynes manual show you how to fix the Hyperdrive..might be necessary.

His next project is to build a half scale R2D2 which actually works. PP

1. PhilBuk

Re: Millennium Falcon

To fix the Millenium Falcon you just use the same technique as the Russian guy in Armageddon - "Empire parts, Rebel parts, all made in Taiwan!"

Just keep hitting it with a bloody great spanner.

Phil.

1. PhilipN Silver badge

Video games

I just checked to sustain this comment because otherwise I really really did not want to but the release of Star Wars video games pretty well tracks the release of each movie. Every video game (almost) gets tired after 18-24 months so the need to come out with a new game drags the movie production line by the nose along with it. And of course the production values. It became more blatant with each of the Terminator movies that the graphics and dialogue and a lot else besides were actually designed to cut and paste into the video game.

Then of course there's the product franchising which is Disney's forte AND new rides at their theme parks. And so it goes on.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Any plans for a holiday special?

3. steamrunner

Episode X?

Hmmm... fifteen more years of Star Wars films?

I'm calling it for Episode X in 2030, with XI in '32 and XII in '34 rounding off the whole shootin' match.

You heard it here first.

1. StealthSky

Re: Episode X?

That's sounds like what Disney would do, or they can just make all spinoffs and no episodes saga as well, or maybe every two years would be episode film for 15 years which I hope not.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Time is the wrong dimension to measure

"“what could be another decade and a half of Star Wars stories."

Who cares? Tell us how big they expect the piles of money to be, since that's all it's about at this point. Plot, characters, meh. The only characters that matter are The Benjamins.

1. Cardinal

Re: Time is the wrong dimension to measure

Heard that Disney is considering naming their next Star Trek combo

"Snow White and the Seven Worfs"

5. Mr_Pitiful

Oh No

More crap films to avoid!

Why not more Star Trek.... Oh wait!

1. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge

Re: Oh No

Star Wars has managed 4 decent films. Are you sure Star Trek has even managed that?

6. fishman

In a Galaxy Far Far from now...

They will be making Star Wars movies a century and more from now. Eventually they will make a couple of real stinker (low boxoffice - that's the only quality that matters) movies, and then they will stop for 10-15 years before they do a reboot. Rinse, Repeat.

Eventually all of these big money franchises will be remade.

7. Uncle Slacky Silver badge
    Stop

Referencing the Han Solo books?

Somehow I doubt Disney will use the existing Han Solo "prequel" novels[1][2] from the late 70s as a basis for this movie...

[1] http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Han_Solo_Adventures

[2] http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Han_Solo_Trilogy

Page:

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon