back to article BBC admits iPlayer downloads are broken

The BBC has acknowledged that problems with the latest iPlayer software for PCs and Macs have left users unable to download shows to watch offline. The problems have affected the current build for over a week. The BBC notes that shows requested for offline viewing stall after about 12MB have been downloaded. Others report …

Page:

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Never mind the bug. Was one sad individually really going to sit down and watch 880 minutes of something?

I think "get a life" is the phrase I'm looking for.

1. BebopWeBop
      Joke

well is was Wagner, so there was at least 10 minutes of fantastic stuff in there somewhere

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

iPhones/iPads Do have a download issue

It not the case that "Mobile and tablet downloads are not affected by the issue", unless this is a different issue, which has affected iOS devices for over a month (since that last update). Refer message on BBC:

Problems with downloading on iPhone/iPads

*** Thursday 2 February ***

We're aware that some users of iPhones/iPads are having some problems with downloads. We're looking into the cause of this and we'll update this FAQ when we have more information

[https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/latest-news/ios-downloads]

3. Stevie

Bah!

Turns out there was a loose valve that needed re-seating and the cat's whisker was broken.

4. PeterM42
    FAIL

No surprise there!

iPlayer is CRAP,

iPlayer always was CRAP.

I suspect iPlayer will ALWAYS be CRAP.

1. David Nash Silver badge

Re: No surprise there!

Recent problems notwithstanding, it's a hell of a lot better than other UK terrestrial channels equivalents, in my experience.

5. muffled1

get_iplayer no longer working

Help!! get iplayer automator has stopped working - constantly states "Unknown PID"

Worked fine for years. Also will not take updates and cannot send text files to the developer so I'm somewhat stuck. This is an amazing piece of DL software. Any help greatly received.

Current Version 1.9 (1841)

macOS Sierra 10.12.5

Page:

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like