back to article Shocker: Computer science graduate wins a top UK political job

David Davis MP today becomes the highest-achieving computer science graduate in British politics. Strictly speaking, Davis graduate with a BSc in “Molecular Science/Computer Science” in 1971 from the University of Warwick. He is now the Secretary of State for Exiting the EU (or “SSEE-U”), a freshly-minted post. Davis later …

Page:

1. foo_bar_baz
    Trollface

Looking into my crystal ball ...

I predict he's going to resign for a suitably respectable reason within the year.

2. bob, mon!
    Paris Hilton

"Two post-war Prime Ministers ..."

Which war are you posting? The Great War, WWII, Vietnam, the Falklands, Iraq 1, Afghanistan, Iraq 2, some other war I've overlooked...?

1. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

Re: "Two post-war Prime Ministers ..."

The War on Drugs, The War on Terror...

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: "Two post-war Prime Ministers ..."

Officially, the last time the UK declared war was WW2*, so I presume that's what they meant.

* Can't we all just agree that Roman numerals are fucking shit and there's no good reason to use them?

3. foo_bar_baz
    Thumb Up

SSEE-U

Got to love England, exemplary wit and punning, all the way from the top.

1. Stoke the atom furnaces

Re: SSEE-U

I thought the SSEE-U was the 'Sexit'

4. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Unhappy

I'd have prefered him in Amber Rudd's job.

Then he might have asked the assorted data fetishists in her department WTF their problem is.

5. oxfordmale78

Somewhat ironic that a computer science graduate will have to sort out the infinite recursion of "Brexit" is "Brexit", hopefully well before it reaches a stack overflow.

6. Stork Silver badge

In a way I find it a fair choice - if you are so keen on Brexit, you get to do the deals.

The shock to me is that BoJo can get any job in politics*). Fired from the Times for making up quotations. Hired by the Telegraph, spends a couple of decades making up stories about EU, in addition to insulting seemingly everybody of importance around the World. Campaigns for Brexit (while continuing fabricating stories) and when he wins, he shows no plan of what to do and no guts to take on the job. What a w@nker!

After the last UK government, I would be very reluctant to hire Old Etonians for anything.

*) Politics: From Greek Poli (or Poly), many; and tics, small bloodsucking animals.

1. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

Quite. He must have insulted each and every one he'll now has to negotiate with at least once in the past. The first meetings should be interesting.

7. energystar
    Holmes

Nations going the nerdy way.

Nations going the nerdy way. Lacking nerdy high appointments. Even lacking nerdy assessors.

8. Stoke the atom furnaces

James Callaghan

James Callaghan did pass the Oxford University entrance exam, but coming from working class Portsmouth was too poor to take up his place.

Page:

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like