back to article THREE MILLION Moonpig accounts exposed by flaw

Custom mugs and tat outfit Moonpig has a signficant flaw that exposes personal records and partial credit card details for some three million customers, almost 18 months after it was reported. The failure, discovered and privately reported by developer Paul Price, meant every account and the names, birth dates, and email and …

Page:

1. Obitim

Re: Response to my request

I'd also be interested in the response!

1. wolfetone Silver badge

Re: Response to my request

Here is the response.

I sent back:

"How can you reopen my account if I've asked you to delete it? If it's deleted it shouldn't be recoverable?

Please, delete my data. All of it. Properly. "

They said:

"Thank you for taking the time to get back in contact.

We have now requested that all personal details relating to your account be removed. Please bear in mind that you will no longer have access to your order history. Should you wish to re-open an account in the future you would be able to use the same email address but lose access to any previous orders.

If you require any more assistance or information please feel free to contact us further and we will be more than happy to assist."

I didn't CC the ICO in it, should have done. But I don't feel totally confident that they will do what they said to be honest.

1. RainForestGuppy

I share the opinions:-

"I've seen some half-arsed security measures in my time but this just takes the biscuit. Whoever architect this system needs to be waterboarded," Price said

2. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

I can still log on

I "deleted" my account with them, and specifically asked for deletion, not just flagging as deleted or dormant, and got a confirmation email from them that it has been done. Great!

Guess what - I CAN STILL LOG ON, and see my order history, contact addresses, reminders etc.

Omnishambles!

1. Obitim

Re: I can still log on

Checked mine this morning after that little horror story - thankfully it's definitely gone!

3. This post has been deleted by its author

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

That's one hot piggy

I want a taste of that meat.

5. Mike Flugennock
    Coffee/keyboard

"Moonpig"?

P'wah ha ha ha ha haahh.

Honestly, I'd never heard of this site until I saw this article today.

"Moonpig"? Who the hell came up with that one... and where can I get a quarter OZ of what they were smoking at the time?

Page:

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like