back to article Amazon yoinks Dora and SpongeBob from Netflix for MEELLLIONS

Amazon has signed a deal to stream Viacom's kiddies' TV shows for a rumoured whopping $200m. The giant web bazaar said yesterday that it will get its hands on popular children's telly shows, including Dora the Explorer and SpongeBob SquarePants, in the deal for its Prime subscribers in the US. Amazon-owned LoveFilm users in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Matt Piechota

UK?

So are we talking UK rights or worldwide? Maybe Dora will pop up on Amazon Instant video (or whatever they call it here in the US).

2. David Kelly 2

Nobody Will Find Them On Amazon

Amazon's steaming services have the 2nd worst user interface imaginable. As a Prime subscriber it is painful to watch an entire season as each episode must be hunted down with a search from the top. Especially painful under Yahoo! Widgets, which is how Amazon is often implemented in "smart" TVs.

The all time record worst user interface is used by Dish in their PVR 722 for Blockbuster streaming. Its so bad it makes Windows 1.0 look innovative.

Netflix's user interface is not necessarily good, but at least its not awful.

3. JeffyPooh
    Pint

Ah, I get it...

Instead of paying $XX per month to the Cable TV or Satellite TV, we instead can ultimately pay $YY per month to each of several different Internet Streaming TV services such as Netflix and Amazon and etc. etc. etc.

Let me guess... $YY multiplied by several necessary providers is going to end up being pretty close to $XX.

1. Peter Simpson 1
      Thumb Up

Re: Ah, I get it...

-> Let me guess... $YY multiplied by several necessary providers is going to end up being pretty close to $XX.

Not in our case. Netflix, Apple TV and Hulu Plus = $30/mo. Cable was $60/mo

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like